What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
  • Originally posted by swimlong when shampoo leaks all over my gym bag (happens a lot to me...) Good one. This happens to me, too. It's especially bad when the shampoo gets all over your goggles. Here's one, and forgive me if it's already been mentioned: pools with lots of dirt and other garbage on the bottom. Or even worse, floating loogies. Yuck!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by swimlong people who take off just before you turn, even though they know you are way faster than they are Ooooohhh... You hit a sore spot with that one. I'm with you there, swimlong! Isn't it tempting to grab their heel and pull them back with one of your strokes? Just pull yourself right by them!
  • Former Member
    I do not like the people doing water aerobics. However, If I am swimming with slow peole in the same lane that doesn't bother me. Generally, as long as they keep moving or I can figure out what they're doing, I'm okay.
  • Former Member
    foggy goggles
  • Former Member
    Originally posted by knelson Good one. This happens to me, too. It's especially bad when the shampoo gets all over your goggles. Here's one, and forgive me if it's already been mentioned: pools with lots of dirt and other garbage on the bottom. Or even worse, floating loogies. Yuck! Ewwwww!!!! Floating LOOGIES?!?! That's NOT riiiiiiiiight! :LOL: foggy goggles - seagurl51 Don't I know it! It's worse when you have aphakia* (I had my crystalline lenses removed from both eyes due to cataracts when I was born) aphakia* absence of crystalline lens in the eye. I sure hope I don't get any fogging when I get my new prescription goggles.
  • Former Member
    SWIMR4LIFE...... I totally know what you mean! I hate the chemically dried skin! But you give and you take right?
  • The one and only thing I don't like about swimming!....Dry, itchy skin in the winter due to the chlorine and one too many hot showers!
  • Originally posted by Scansy Duh.... I'm in a swimming pool and there is splashing around me. Who would have guessed THAT???!!!???!!!:confused: :rolleyes: :confused: I have a friend who doing her work-out and she was on an IM set. She was concentrating on her work-out, the pool was not crowded but there was one of those dry haired ladies next to her. In the middle of her set, she noticed that everytime she butterflied past this lady, this lady would frown and splash at her with her hands. The lady continued this through her whole IM set. So she and I laugh when we swim next to each other and do the little ewwww and splash at each other!
  • Former Member
    Originally posted by Fitswimmer04 I know what you mean-there's a lady at my pool that does some kind of modified breaststroke in the slow lane without putting her head in the water. She gets annoyed if someone in the lane next to her splashes-it gets her hair wet!! ( I guess a bathing cap would be too simple.) It's good that she comes and exercises, but the swimmers in the next lane have a right to "do their thing" too. Duh.... I'm in a swimming pool and there is splashing around me. Who would have guessed THAT???!!!???!!!:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:
  • Former Member
    Originally posted by swimlong ...... when shampoo leaks all over my gym bag (happens a lot to me...) ...... people who take off just before you turn, even though they know you are way faster than they are ...... 1. I had that happen once too. It is a real pain. Now, I keep my shampoo in a ziploc bag in my swimming bag. It has opened accidentally, but now stays in the ziploc. 2. Huge pet peeve of mine. Someone who is so worried about their interval that they screw you up! I figure if I am working out alone, I will put off my interval by 5 seconds or so to give me space in the lane.