What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
  • My pet peeve...butt crack. Pull the flipping suit out of your @$$ already.:bitching: That can't be comfortable, and saying anything to the teen girls could be misconstrued. Where are their parents? And guys, no one likes the plumber crack look either. Let's leave something to the imagination, no?
  • Elaine, you can swim 2000 yards of fly nonstop???? Well, honestly, I don't know if I could do it now, because I haven't tried lately; but I did it in 2012. You can see it on the Butternuts site: www.grinswim.org/.../butternuts.html . (Scroll down to Elaine Krugman in the listings.) The swim was very slow-- about 45 minutes! :cane: The most difficult part of the swim was the first few hundred yards. Once I got past that distance, I felt like I could have kept on going even after 2,000 yards. By then, however, my camera battery had died, the digital card was full, and my husband was ready to kill me for fear I would sustain an overuse injury. :afraid:
  • some girls do that on purpose; I've seen them in the locker room hiking their suits up before going out to practice. Times have changed...
  • some girls do that on purpose; I've seen them in the locker room hiking their suits up before going out to practice. Times have changed... They want to avoid pancake ass.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    :bliss:Well said, pwb, well said! :applaud: My pet peeve is my inability to (yet) master a well-swum 200 fly (or any fly race, for that matter...). :dunno: My stroke has improved, but it I am having more difficulties with it than I have ever had with my other strokes. I can swim fly forever (well, at least 2,000 yards non-stop, looking back on past efforts), but not with a stroke with any speed to it. Thanks to my inability to keep my arms close to the surface, I'm diving down with every stroke. On 200 fly, I am nowhere near making a time on the motivational charts! :badday: Elaine, you can swim 2000 yards of fly nonstop????
  • Water in the ears. A lifelong earplug wearer (Mack's fo life!), but even those bastions of silicone sealing-ness don't always work. Starfish breaststroker kickers. You know who you are. Fellow swimmers who use the pool like a Kleenex.