Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Ah Fortress you crack me:rofl:. Sorry about the BCP. I had a hysto in 2001. OMG BEST THING EVER :banana:so no issues with that. Though I hate being in the changeroom with all the gorgeous 18 to 22 year olds ( I swim at the University) who have those nice tight bodies where no 9 pound babies have come out of anything important lol. AH there time will come:bump:. I am definitly a little heavier than some. NOT overly round due to my height and build but big. BUT I don't hide while I change. I want to make sure they all know what they are instore for in the future :rofl:. Ah you can tell it is Friday A beverage :wine: is definitley in store tonight. Katie
  • Former Member
    Girls, Can you give us boneheads a glossary of terms, acronyms and abbreviations so we can keep up. Think I have curse and AF understood. Thanks On behalf of the Boys.
  • Former Member
    Ahhhhhhhh I see She man was replying at the BC pills to. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM sorry did I tell you all that I had a hysterctomy OH YEAH :applaud: Katie
  • Former Member
    You don't have to plan your meets around the curse. Although I have heard some tris say there's some way to stop it for a big event. You're right. I have to plan my LIFE around it.. are you kidding?!? ;) OK I'm done chiming in. I'll be quiet now.
  • Former Member
    Hysterectomy here too, Katie. My surgeon tried to "counsel" me on how I might feel less womanly etc - I burst out laughing. I love the "side effects". :groovy: Interestingly, it was that (and related) surgery that nixed almost everything but swimming as an intense physical activity. I started swimming the week she released me to normal life.
  • Former Member
    Barb I got the same lecture to. I just sat there and thought OMG you are such a man ( which of course he was:blah:) yes I was younger to have one as well, but boy I have enjoyed every minute of it. Now that I have two teens with it , I think OH thank god that I don't have it to. Poor DH he would have to move. I wonder if I was as biachy as my girls are LOL NO of course not LOL.As I remember things I handled it all very well ;) Swimstud if you are a good smart man, of course you would plan your life around it. I think that would be a great time to travel with work LOL LOL Fortress sorry for the bragging LOL Katie
  • Does anyone else shower at a gym where someone always puts her hair on the shower wall? Whoever this person is at my gym has long, dark brown hair, and knowing that it's not mine (I'm blonde) is disturbing -- I completely agree with that statement! Something else really weird is the older woman who lays a towel down on the locker room floor and does sit-ups buck-a** naked using the bottom of the lockers to hold down her feet. Not a pretty picture!
  • Former Member
    then I'm due for a manly procedure. Leaving the toilet seat up?
  • Former Member
    Curse is the only good word for that lovely time of the month. It describes it perfectly. You guys don't know how easy you have it. You don't have to plan your meets around the curse. Although I have heard some tris say there's some way to stop it for a big event. GNO = girls night out Katie: Stop that bragging!! :joker: Have you ever had your gonads and gametes hanging around outside the security of your skeletal structure? I thought not. Have you ever been kicked in the ovaries? Thank you very much. :wave: :thhbbb:
  • Former Member
    Ut Oh, I walked in the wrong locker room, I hate when this happens :doh: