Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    :cry::cry: How awful! Mine arrived Day 1 of Worlds in 2006. Unbelievable. Scratched the 100 fly. Was too zonked. There is always a big clogged mess of hair in my shower area too. Every teenage girl I know has super long hair. In fact, I was thinking I should cut mine, it's gotten so long. Is it inappropriate to have long hair and PM at the same time? Somehow it doesn't seem quite as gross if you know where the hair came from (i.e. your offspring). Strange hair is wicked gross. :doh:
  • Former Member
    I don't mind it in a shower drain so much, but getting a piece on your hands, arms, face, etc while swimming can be disturbing.
  • Former Member
    Ok ok, the WORST thing in a women's locker room: the floor. We're dirty. Most of us have long hair and we shed worse than cats and dogs. The floor is wet, contaminated with dirt and hairballs that do not belong to you. The wetness only makes it stick to your body more. THEN there's the bathroom stalls. Sick. Here you still have dirt, still have hairballs that aren't yours, wet toilet paper all over (ugh) and sometime mystery fluid. Seriously, it makes me shudder thinking about it.
  • Former Member
    Something else really weird is the older woman who lays a towel down on the locker room floor and does sit-ups buck-a** naked using the bottom of the lockers to hold down her feet. Not a pretty picture! If I saw that, I would poke out my own eyes.
  • Former Member
    Add to that the STINKY odor and throw in some soggy, left over food snacks spread throughout the floor. . . Reminds me of the day I went to throw my power bar gel wrapper in the trash can and came across some stinky, dirty diapers that had been thrown in there. Makes OW swimming in a filthy lake a piece of cake. And whaz up with big guys in your lane who hock up loogies and spit 'em, not into the gutter mind you, but right into your lane with you?! Frankly, I just don't catch the ladies doing that. . . My only consolation is that I'm leading the lane. Still thinking about slapping 'em upside the head. Not in my lane buddy! :rofl::doh: Ok ok, the WORST thing in a women's locker room: the floor. We're dirty. Most of us have long hair and we shed worse than cats and dogs. The floor is wet, contaminated with dirt and hairballs that do not belong to you. The wetness only makes it stick to your body more. THEN there's the bathroom stalls. Sick. Here you still have dirt, still have hairballs that aren't yours, wet toilet paper all over (ugh) and sometime mystery fluid. Seriously, it makes me shudder thinking about it.
  • Former Member
    Snacks on the floor...pretzels and Gardettos. Those seem to be favorites to throw down on wet floors. Mmmmm, soggy and mushy.
  • Former Member
    Snacks on the floor...pretzels and Gardettos. Those seem to be favorites to throw down on wet floors. Mmmmm, soggy and mushy. Pretzels/ chex mix are common down here. And bless the mommies who have the courage to breastfeed their babies in an overcrowded, bustling locker room. :bow: What cracks me up are the little boys who are really too old to be in the ladies locker room. Boy, do they STARE!! :rofl:
  • Former Member
    I'd rather have the strange little boys in there than the hairballs and wet toilet paper. At least I can hide behind a towel from peeping eyes. Can't hide from crap on the floor, it's ALWAYS there. :mad:
  • Former Member
    Oh I don't know. My platform flip flops give me plenty of protection from the floor debris. The little boys. . . not so much. :rofl:
  • Former Member
    Haha, I'm 5'11. The last thing I need are platforms.