Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
  • Girls, Can you give us boneheads a glossary of terms, acronyms and abbreviations so we can keep up. Think I have curse and AF understood. Thanks On behalf of the Boys. Good heavens, I read this and thought you said you had the curse.:D
  • Ut Oh, I walked in the wrong locker room, I hate when this happens :doh: Yeah but I bet you did not close your eyes!
  • Speaking of the curse dampering a meet. AF came 5 min before I had to swim the 400 IM LC. :cry::cry: How awful! Mine arrived Day 1 of Worlds in 2006. Unbelievable. Scratched the 100 fly. Was too zonked. There is always a big clogged mess of hair in my shower area too. Every teenage girl I know has super long hair. In fact, I was thinking I should cut mine, it's gotten so long. Is it inappropriate to have long hair and PM at the same time?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Did anyone experience terrible side effects when going off birth control pills? It wrecked my swimming for a couple of weeks. I was very fatigued, had headaches continually for 2 weeks, got terrible acne on my back, and was anxious, moody and bloated. If so, what did you use to help with the side effects? It's four months later and I'm feeling back to normal now.
  • Former Member
    Great idea. Wish I'd thought of it first. :D
  • In fact, I was thinking I should cut mine, it's gotten so long. Something tells me that is not a decision you should make rashly while you are cursing... And from personal experience, not a decision to be made rashly in general male or female.
  • Former Member
    These things can be controlled via birth control pills.
  • Former Member
    :lmao: You could at least contribute something, missie. Or at least tell us who you think the hottest swimmer is. Peirsol perhaps? I have been having the worst "old lady" symptoms. For example, when it's curse time, I can't sleep at all and get really moody and fatigued. I just realized that my next big meet, for which I'm planning to travel, is NOT going to fall at a good time. :bitching: I'll have to take it out on SwimStud, since he's attending. ;) SwimStud can handle it - I think he plays the home version. :duel: Hottest swimmer? No question, Phelps - but my mind can't go there for long since I'm old enough to be his mother.
  • Former Member
    Not a woman but soap and a Mach3 work wonders in those areas. That's my tip of the day.
  • Former Member
    I'll have to take it out on SwimStud, since he's attending. Jeez I'm SO looking forward to this meet...upside is if you take it out on me from the block end all my odd 25's will split very fast... :rofl: