Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Every so often a legendary athlete will appear and do the unthinkable. To argue the opposite side of the coin, a few questions come to mind...If a female athlete were on the juice... Wouldn't she have noticeably larger muscles? And wouldn't her voice get deeper? Or is a sports enhancing drug basically just used for recovery ...which allows an older athlete the ability to train as hard as a 20 year old? Past history of this abuse conjures imagery of the Amazonian East Germans with broad shoulder and hulking triceps. Wouldn't it be physically apparent that a doper is doping? Maybe not. This article (pre-Sydney Olympiad) changed my perspective ever so slightly...Apparently some athletes have legally enhanced their performances...including Ms. Torres. www.athleticscholarships.net/performance-enhancing-drugs-swimming.htm
  • Former Member
    Quicksilver: We'll have you measuring FAF biceps and triceps in Austin next year! Dibs I am in charge of the tape!!!
  • Former Member
    What does "FAF" mean? S A) Fit and Feisty? B) Flash and Fun? C) Fenomenal and Frisky? or D) All of the above
  • Former Member
    Oh...the possibilities.
  • Former Member
    What's interesting is that a 'nutritional supplement' one year may very well labeled a banned substance the following. WTF Quicksilver: We'll have you measuring FAF biceps and triceps in Austin next year! Agreed...but for the ladies only. Even though I too am 85% Flash. Fort, I've seen your metamorphosis photos from mommy to top ten swimmer. Very nice transformation...but what exactly is in that mono-fin? ...Hmmmmm?
  • Former Member
    What can you tell from a face shot?! You had one posted showing your face and arms...pre-guns...not just face. Better hide the evidence. Flax seed oil will lower your bad cholesterol...keep you regular...and ward off mental problems in old age.
  • Former Member
    Why not just take Omega 3 then? Might be an absorption issue. It's always best to get these things from natural foods as opposed to supplements. Eating more low mercury fish would likely solve this particular problem without having to pop pills.
  • Try the on-line urban dictionary. I thought something looked familiar. :doh:
  • Former Member
    But you do have SILF's. There is something to be said for that.
  • I thought something looked familiar. :doh: Don't worry, Jim. I only found out about ILFs a couple months ago. :doh: But now Quicksilver will have Geek wondering if he can be a DILF if he adds muscle milk to his cocktail. He's got to keep up with Gull's new guns after all ...