How long does it take to swim 1 mile of breastroke?

Former Member
Former Member
I used to be a competitive swimmer. Now I am much older, I start swimming again just for fitness and I would like to set a goal for myself. My goal is to swim 1 mile of breastroke (breastroke is my specialty) daily; it takes me 35 minutes to swim 1 mile. My question is what is the average time to swimm 1 mile of breastroke? Thanks
  • Sounds like an admission of a looser who cannot swim the stroke. That is a very funny comment. But not for the intended reason.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    Yeah, King Frog, you tell him! :bitching: And, I'll add one to that: If "Breaststroke:Freestyle = Noodling:Swimming", then why is the 200 breaststroke widely considered one of the most difficult races in swimming? And, why do so many IM'ers have such difficulty with the breaststroke leg of their races? AND, why do so many swimming experts say breaststroke is technically the most difficult stroke? :duel: Its the most difficult because it requires a physical mutation to do it proficiently. I'm not talking about a cool X-Men like mutation. More like a regression back in evolution to when our frog footed amphibious ancestors first waddled out of the oceans. :thhbbb:
  • Former Member
    Sounds like an admission of a looser who cannot swim the stroke. Whether I can or cannot swim *** very well does not change the facts in my previous post. :D
  • Whether I can or cannot swim *** very well does not change the facts in my previous post. :D All I saw was opinion,where are the facts of which you speak? I'll grant that BR takes a different type of flexibility than the other 3 strokes.It also doesn't penalize one for being shorter of stature.All athletic endevours have an optimal body type,that hardly makes those people"mutants."
  • Well, it wasn't too long ago that getting your hair wet in *** was a DQ. All 200s are hard, all distances are hard, *** is not unique in that way, at all. Actually part of your head had to break the surface at all times.Up until the SDK revolution BR swimmers spent the most time underwater.I agree all 200s are hard and the 200 fly is the only one where you can be DQd for basically being too tired.
  • Come on.BR swimmers don't complain about getting their hair wet,complain about getting splashed,complain that 86 degrees is too cold,or try to get the pool closed to everyone else when they want to use it. Yeah, King Frog, you tell him! :bitching: And, I'll add one to that: If "Breaststroke:Freestyle = Noodling:Swimming", then why is the 200 breaststroke widely considered one of the most difficult races in swimming? And, why do so many IM'ers have such difficulty with the breaststroke leg of their races? AND, why do so many swimming experts say breaststroke is technically the most difficult stroke? :duel:
  • Former Member
    All I saw was opinion,where are the facts of which you speak? I'll grant that BR takes a different type of flexibility than the other 3 strokes.It also doesn't penalize one for being shorter of stature.All athletic endevours have an optimal body type,that hardly makes those people"mutants." OK, "mutant" may be too colorful. The optimal characteristics for *** stroke are distinctly different from the rest of swimming and you don't have to be as tall. Hmmm. You are like football kickers. Little guys who are skilled at their specialty which has nothing to do with the skills needed for any other position. But dang it, you're needed for the medley relay.
  • Actually part of your head had to break the surface at all times. Help me with my memory. Back in the 1970s we did/could not submerge our heads totally while doing ***. Or, was that just the style back then and submersion was totally fine?
  • Help me with my memory. Back in the 1970s we did/could not submerge our heads totally while doing ***. Or, was that just the style back then and submersion was totally fine? I am pretty sure you could not duck your head under the water. What gets me about the stroke is the great diversity of styles you see even in the elite swimmers, more than any ather stroke in my opinion. Truly the stroke for non-conformists, I guess. I simply cannot imagine the circumstances under which I would willingly swim a mile breastroke. I would sooner watch a Twilight movie.
  • Sounds like an admission of a looser who cannot swim the stroke. :applaud: :banana: :bouncing: