How long does it take to swim 1 mile of breastroke?

Former Member
Former Member
I used to be a competitive swimmer. Now I am much older, I start swimming again just for fitness and I would like to set a goal for myself. My goal is to swim 1 mile of breastroke (breastroke is my specialty) daily; it takes me 35 minutes to swim 1 mile. My question is what is the average time to swimm 1 mile of breastroke? Thanks
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Just wonder what revelance to swimming has a mile swim of breaststroke butterfly or backstroke. How many competitions could you enter??? Wasted effort???
  • Just a thought breastrokers and noodlers cause the same problem during laps. Perhaps,if by "breastroke" you mean the head up monstrosity used by the same sort of people who don't want to get their hair wet as noodlers. That,of course ,has nothing in common with breaSTSTroke.
  • Perhaps,if by "breastroke" you mean the head up monstrosity used by the same sort of people who don't want to get their hair wet as noodlers. That,of course ,has nothing in common with breaSTSTroke. :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    about 2.5 years ago i did it in ~28 minutes. don't have much swimming background, was just a gym rat at the time. but naturally i have huge legs. i've set a goal to swim 3 miles in an hour... we'll see how that goes.
  • I've swum with breaststrokers who were strong, and good. It was their fastest traveling stroke. Couple of swimmers do Big Shoulders 5k all fly. No stroke is an issue in the pool if the swimmer observes passing courtesy.
  • Former Member
    If you time your currents right you can easily swim 20 miles down the Saguenay River in two hours. Just a thought breastrokers and noodlers cause the same problem during laps. about 2.5 years ago i did it in ~28 minutes. don't have much swimming background, was just a gym rat at the time. but naturally i have huge legs. i've set a goal to swim 3 miles in an hour... we'll see how that goes.
  • Former Member
    Breaststroke:Freestyle = Noodling:Swimming
  • Breaststroke:Freestyle = Noodling:Swimming Come on.BR swimmers don't complain about getting their hair wet,complain about getting splashed,complain that 86 degrees is too cold,or try to get the pool closed to everyone else when they want to use it.
  • Come on.BR swimmers don't complain about getting their hair wet,complain about getting splashed,complain that 86 degrees is too cold,or try to get the pool closed to everyone else when they want to use it. Well, it wasn't too long ago that getting your hair wet in *** was a DQ. All 200s are hard, all distances are hard, *** is not unique in that way, at all.
  • Its the most difficult because it requires a physical mutation to do it proficiently. I'm not talking about a cool X-Men like mutation. More like a regression back in evolution to when our frog footed amphibious ancestors first waddled out of the oceans. :thhbbb: Sounds like an admission of a looser who cannot swim the stroke.