What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
  • Thanks Shark! I appreciate the good wishes. Chickened out on wearing the blue TRON on the 1000 free and 100 fly today. :doh: BUT, did go 10:44.06 in the 1000 (best time by 16.8 seconds!?) and won event for men and women. Matched best masters time in the 100 fly 1:00.3 (this hurt) and did best time ever in the 50 Free (DID wear the blue monster suit) at 25.04 felt good. Man, felt like I was CHEATING it was so float-y. The timer got me just under 25 at 24.97. But oh well. Big day tomorrow with the 200 IM, 50 Fly and 500 FR. Charlotte is really nice by the way! Great weather - surprisingly! VERY friendly people. Super town. Sorry, no rants really. Congratulations! That's superb! (From a very slow swimmer....) But shouldn't this post go in the Attaboy / Attagrrl thread, so you can receive the plaudits you so justly deserve?! :applaud: Good luck on the remaining swims! Regards, VB
  • Great swims Kristina. I am glad you are having a wonderful meet. Wish I could have gone but last week I had a kids meet and next week I have one in Mt. Pleasant, SC. So I had to be oncall this weekend and it has been a horrible oncall. 12am, 3am and 6am pages are not fun. The 6am page made me late for swim practice. Then again missing 10 minutes of a 4 hour (8500 yards for me) practice is not alot, especially for this :cane::fish2:. I'll only be able to come up to the Dynamo meet for the first day due to my oncall schedule again :cry:. Hope to see you there. Donna
  • So Kristina... are you going to wear the blue TRON suit at the Dynamo Meet???? I finally got one of the Tyr Aquashift short John's and I love it. I have finally arrived and can actually fit into one. :banana: It only took 3 years to get there. Hit a new LOW this week of 164.2 lbs. Only 14.2 to reach my goal.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    May you swim like a gladiator and escape unscathed from the events you partake in. Thanks Shark! I appreciate the good wishes. Chickened out on wearing the blue TRON on the 1000 free and 100 fly today. :doh: BUT, did go 10:44.06 in the 1000 (best time by 16.8 seconds!?) and won event for men and women. Matched best masters time in the 100 fly 1:00.3 (this hurt) and did best time ever in the 50 Free (DID wear the blue monster suit) at 25.04 felt good. Man, felt like I was CHEATING it was so float-y. The timer got me just under 25 at 24.97. But oh well. Big day tomorrow with the 200 IM, 50 Fly and 500 FR. Charlotte is really nice by the way! Great weather - surprisingly! VERY friendly people. Super town. Sorry, no rants really.
  • Former Member
    Pet peeve: The Tri's who can't swim, show up with the latest gizzmos, and still can't swim but demand their own pool time and workouts because "we're Triathletes so we need our distance workouts". I'm like, your pace, what is it? I'll adjust the workout - and they have no clue 1) what a pace is & 2) what their's is. And they still demand their own workout & pool time.
  • Former Member
    Thanks Rtodd. Since going to an awesome chiropractor Dr. Schremmer (Glider's wife), my neck has been great. Just dealing w/ some nasty headaches now, but hopefully after I see her next week, they will go away. Donna Just trying to keep up with you. 4 hour practice and on call!? :bow::bow: I hope to see you at the Dyna meet - even if it's just one day. Boy, I don't want to be in your heat! You will be passing up all the boys too at this rate. :cheerleader: Thank you so much VB. I know - I bit it on where I posted this. But did need to thank Shark for his good luck wishes. It worked. Here's my rant: Headaches and swimming don't mix well. :toohurt:
  • Former Member
    Smokin times:applaud: Makes me glad I'm a breaststroker...Since I don't swim these events, you can't beat me. I'd hate losing to a girl:thhbbb: Thanks Shark! I appreciate the good wishes. Chickened out on wearing the blue TRON on the 1000 free and 100 fly today. :doh: BUT, did go 10:44.06 in the 1000 (best time by 16.8 seconds!?) and won event for men and women. Matched best masters time in the 100 fly 1:00.3 (this hurt) and did best time ever in the 50 Free (DID wear the blue monster suit) at 25.04 felt good. Man, felt like I was CHEATING it was so float-y. The timer got me just under 25 at 24.97. But oh well. Big day tomorrow with the 200 IM, 50 Fly and 500 FR. Charlotte is really nice by the way! Great weather - surprisingly! VERY friendly people. Super town. Sorry, no rants really.
  • Former Member
    This morning I was doing pace intervals (not speed work) and this guy in his 20s kept making a BIG production out of passing me... while wearing big fins of course. What is up with that??? Why do men half my age seem to want to race me when it is obvious that a.) I'm not really very fast, and b.) I'm female and old enough to be their mother? I resisted the urge to be sarcastic ("Very good. Now let's see how fast you are without the fins.") or point out the obvious. (I'm 49. Can your mother outswim me?") My New Years's resolution was to ignore other swimmers and focus solely on what I'm doing... but it was soooo tempting to put on a little speed and outsprint him. I think I could have, he wasn't going that quickly.
  • Former Member
    The constant smell of chlorine. The extremely wide *** stroke kick practiced by all non-masters swimmers. I was swimming with a broken rib last April and those were the ONLY people who ever wanted to share a lane with me. I cringed in advance every time I swam past one. Kids who jump into the lane that I'm swimming in without looking (happens in the outdoor pool). Teenage life guards who are on a power trip and make up nonexistent rules. Latest one was that the club "only allows two swimmers per lane."
  • My biggest pet peeve about swimming...When the pool closes before I get in to do my workout because of bad weather. Stupid freezing rain!:bitching: