What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    This morning I was doing pace intervals (not speed work) and this guy in his 20s kept making a BIG production out of passing me... while wearing big fins of course. What is up with that??? Why do men half my age seem to want to race me when it is obvious that a.) I'm not really very fast, and b.) I'm female and old enough to be their mother? I resisted the urge to be sarcastic ("Very good. Now let's see how fast you are without the fins.") or point out the obvious. (I'm 49. Can your mother outswim me?") My New Years's resolution was to ignore other swimmers and focus solely on what I'm doing... but it was soooo tempting to put on a little speed and outsprint him. I think I could have, he wasn't going that quickly.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    This morning I was doing pace intervals (not speed work) and this guy in his 20s kept making a BIG production out of passing me... while wearing big fins of course. What is up with that??? Why do men half my age seem to want to race me when it is obvious that a.) I'm not really very fast, and b.) I'm female and old enough to be their mother? I resisted the urge to be sarcastic ("Very good. Now let's see how fast you are without the fins.") or point out the obvious. (I'm 49. Can your mother outswim me?") My New Years's resolution was to ignore other swimmers and focus solely on what I'm doing... but it was soooo tempting to put on a little speed and outsprint him. I think I could have, he wasn't going that quickly.
Children
No Data