Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Chuckie and I will be thinking about all the Mothers while we are on our way to Mexico.:party2::party2::party2:
  • Now that we're all in here comparing surgical scars, Happy Mother's Day to the Moms!:banana: That's the real Ironperson competition! And how are the kids doing? Swimmers all? VB
  • Happy Mother's Day to the Moms!:banana: That's the real Ironperson competition! And how are the kids doing? Swimmers all? My newly-turned 5-year old doesn't know how to swim. :sad: We don't have a local pool membership in the winter. I drive 40 minutes to masters swimming, but I've never taken him there (it's not convenient). I don't know how I expect him to learn how to swim when we only have access to a pool for 8 weeks in the summer. :notworking: Additionally, he now has his second set of eartubes. So we have to use earplugs if he's in the water and hates them. :rolleyes: I never thought I'd have a 5-year old who doesn't know how to swim. It kills me.
  • Former Member
    And how are the kids doing? Swimmers all? VB Neither wanted anything to do with it. I have a travel ice hockey player (we live in San Diego...hello?), who also plays travel roller hockey and tennis. My daughter does Tae Kwon Do and is on to field hockey this summer. I'm a failure.:shakeshead: That said, they are awesome kids (teens), whether they reek of chlorine or not.
  • Sorry so many of you are having troubles with your monthly cycles. I'm an ARNP specializing in women's health, and I can tell you that the reason why you feel off after going off BC pills is because your hormones are out of balance (duh). The acne may be caused by a resultant temporary elevation in your testosterone levels (r/t a temporary reduction in estrogen & progesterone). Many women are very happy going on "the patch" - and yes, it's very water proof & has fewer S/E such as risk for blood clots. One of the most popular methods of birth control now is the Mirena IUD - also the Nuva ring - these devices secrete hormones only into the pelvic area, and so you have much less of a disturbance in other areas. You might give these a try. A hysterectomy is a wonderful thing if necessary, but rather drastic. A uterine ablation might be a good choice - you get to keep your ovaries, but the uterus becomes permanently scarred, and thus prevents pregnancy.
  • Now that we're all in here comparing surgical scars, Happy Mother's Day to the Moms!:banana: That's the real Ironperson competition! And how are the kids doing? Swimmers all? VB Thanks! Very accurate description! Only one out of three is a swimmer, and its seriously cramping her social life. Oldest is a runner. Youngest swims with her summer league, but is doing the sports circuit. Don't think she's going to be a USS swimmer though. I just care that they're happy and active. So, I was shopping in Whole Foods today. Ran across a supplement called "Aunt Flow" with "happy balance" pills. Had a laugh. Love the suit, Kristina! I'm very put out with my Pros lately. My too big suit nonetheless busted another hole, this time in the knee area, at Nats.
  • Former Member
    Barb, I've have 3 surgeries all in the same spot and no problems with swimming once I recovered. What's going on with you? I've been devoting time to *** at a stroke clinic. Last weekend after an hour of it, one side of my incision site hurt so bad that I actually considered a real painkiller. I chatted with my surgeon who think I may have ripped or pulled the fascia and am forming scar tissue. I guess I'm using my abs when I pull my legs back and push upward. The surgery was 18 months ago and I've felt great ever since, so I was not expecting this. I'm still working on evilstroke, but only about 300 yds per workout.
  • Any women out there doing "olympic style dead lifts" and "clean and jerks" as part of your weight lifting? the scream of terror you just heard echoing across the country was from my knees as I contemplated such a thing... I don't think those are bad moves at all. Certainly they will get you stronger overall. But make sure someone who really knows what they're doing teaches you how to do them. For someone with your shoulder and recent facet joint issues, I don't know if this is a great idea for you, Fort. Maybe ask your beloved ART or chiro about it?
  • Former Member
    whole foods also sells a suppliment called horny goat weed I believe the horny goats belong in the MEN's locker room.:thhbbb:
  • the scream of terror you just heard echoing across the country was from my knees as I contemplated such a thing... I think I'll second that, having done neither but having met weight lifters who destroyed their knees. You only get the two for a lifetime. Be very afraid. :eek: VB