Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Any women out there doing "olympic style dead lifts" and "clean and jerks" as part of your weight lifting? the scream of terror you just heard echoing across the country was from my knees as I contemplated such a thing... I don't think those are bad moves at all. Certainly they will get you stronger overall. But make sure someone who really knows what they're doing teaches you how to do them. For someone with your shoulder and recent facet joint issues, I don't know if this is a great idea for you, Fort. Maybe ask your beloved ART or chiro about it?
  • Any women out there doing "olympic style dead lifts" and "clean and jerks" as part of your weight lifting? the scream of terror you just heard echoing across the country was from my knees as I contemplated such a thing... I don't think those are bad moves at all. Certainly they will get you stronger overall. But make sure someone who really knows what they're doing teaches you how to do them. For someone with your shoulder and recent facet joint issues, I don't know if this is a great idea for you, Fort. Maybe ask your beloved ART or chiro about it?
Children
No Data