Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Sorry so many of you are having troubles with your monthly cycles. I'm an ARNP specializing in women's health, and I can tell you that the reason why you feel off after going off BC pills is because your hormones are out of balance (duh). The acne may be caused by a resultant temporary elevation in your testosterone levels (r/t a temporary reduction in estrogen & progesterone). Many women are very happy going on "the patch" - and yes, it's very water proof & has fewer S/E such as risk for blood clots. One of the most popular methods of birth control now is the Mirena IUD - also the Nuva ring - these devices secrete hormones only into the pelvic area, and so you have much less of a disturbance in other areas. You might give these a try. A hysterectomy is a wonderful thing if necessary, but rather drastic. A uterine ablation might be a good choice - you get to keep your ovaries, but the uterus becomes permanently scarred, and thus prevents pregnancy.
  • Sorry so many of you are having troubles with your monthly cycles. I'm an ARNP specializing in women's health, and I can tell you that the reason why you feel off after going off BC pills is because your hormones are out of balance (duh). The acne may be caused by a resultant temporary elevation in your testosterone levels (r/t a temporary reduction in estrogen & progesterone). Many women are very happy going on "the patch" - and yes, it's very water proof & has fewer S/E such as risk for blood clots. One of the most popular methods of birth control now is the Mirena IUD - also the Nuva ring - these devices secrete hormones only into the pelvic area, and so you have much less of a disturbance in other areas. You might give these a try. A hysterectomy is a wonderful thing if necessary, but rather drastic. A uterine ablation might be a good choice - you get to keep your ovaries, but the uterus becomes permanently scarred, and thus prevents pregnancy.
Children
No Data