Best Goggles for Deep Set Eyes?

What are the best goggles for deep set eyes? My wife's goggles tend to leak because she has deep set eyes. She has set the straps soo tight that it hurts and leaves marks for 12 hours- for real! she tried loose also and it didn't work. Is there a particular brand or model that is better?
  • Yes I thought that may have been the case also and tried to sell her on the point that a little water in the goggles will keep them clear. She just needs to find that pair that "feels right". I bought the Vanguisher and love them except the fact that the plastic strap holder semms to break easily. As I was putting my goggles on before the 200 BR I noticed the strap was loose- I was nervous as it was, so I just tied a triple knot around them- left them that way and just completed my next meet this weekend with the triple knot on the strap and it was fine. Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com I wonder if her not having swam before has created expectations htat are too high. Almost all goggles are going to leak sometimes some always.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Originally posted by A.K. Yes she has tried a pair for women, they too leak. She never swam before and has picked it up pretty quickly and is doing 1500-1800 yards right now. The goggle thing is really messing her up right now. The goggel/masks that go around the eye socket sounds like that may be the answer. Any and all advice is appreciated - keep'em coming. I'd like her to eventually join USMS and swim some meets with me. I wonder if her not having swam before has created expectations htat are too high. Almost all goggles are going to leak sometimes some always.
  • We ended up buying the swedish goggles and the Kaiman goggles(blue). She tried the Kaimans today and liked them. They fit the eye sockets well. The visibility was awesome! We just ordered a backup pair of clear Kaimans. I want her to try out the swedish goggles also and report back, as they were mentioned in this post by bluehorn.
  • Former Member
    Want a more traditional goggle design? Kaiman goggles offer features that are superior to a traditional swim goggles, in a exceptional competitive goggle design. The Buckle System prevents the strap from slipping and makes it easy to adjust with a single pull. The unique curved lens shape offers 180 degrees of undistorted visibility, and the soft siltex skirt makes a waterlight seal every time. The one-piece construction means the Kaiman family of goggles is flexible and durable, and the scratch resistant lenses offer 100% UVA and UVB protection and resistance to fogging. Available in large for adults and in small for adults/Children. All Clear Kaiman Goggles come with Clear Lenses. I saw these. also, I was talking wiht a woman I swim with. She is very petite but has a big nose. She gets children's goggles and uses the nose piece from her son's old goggles.
  • Former Member
    The Swedish take some tinkering with, but once I got them right, they were the best goggles I have ever owned.
  • Former Member
    I also happened to buy both the Kaiman and a pair of Swedish goggles in my last Kiefer order. I've been using the Kaimans since January, and they're still reasonably leakproof and perfectly clear. I tried the Swedes this past week. Took me that long to remember to assemble them -- it's not something you can do just before getting into the pool.:cool: They work very well, but after swimming with the Kaimans I feel almost blind. It's not that they fog up, but it seems like the lenses aren't as clear to start with, and I miss the wide field of vision. The only thing I found uncomfortable about the Swedes was the way the string rubbed against my nose before I put the little plastic tube on. I've got fairly deep-set eyes and a big head (size 7 7/8 hat). Both of these have enough strap to them that I can get them on comfortably. Tom
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Yes she has tried a pair for women, they too leak. She never swam before and has picked it up pretty quickly and is doing 1500-1800 yards right now. The goggle thing is really messing her up right now. The goggel/masks that go around the eye socket sounds like that may be the answer. Any and all advice is appreciated - keep'em coming. I'd like her to eventually join USMS and swim some meets with me. I have swum copetitively since i was a kid (now i'm much older and am returning after a 5 year hiatus bc of cold intolerance bc of meds--going to wear my tri wetsuit in 78 degree water so please dont scoff at me!). I have always had trouble with leaking because my eyes are so deep set. i used to use a speedo (don't know model) but they stopped making them. i just bought another speedo which seemed promising but of course they leak. i can go into a shop and try on every single pair of goggles and i kid you not none of them will "stick". so.. i'm going to try Kaiman...thanks for the tip!
  • Speedo vanquishers work for me.
  • On a related note, I am trying to find a brand of goggles that does not make marks around my eyes. Any suggestions? I don't have to dive in with the goggles. Thanks!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I have been searching for a replacement to my old school Speedo goggles for years as well! The Pro series speedo goggles that were mentioned earlier haven't gotten great reviews since the design was changed. Has anyone that swam with the original style had any better luck with the newer style? Does anyone know what brand the swimmer on the cover of the May-June Swimmer magazine (the underwater camera issue) is wearing? They look like they have good coverage.