Best Goggles for Deep Set Eyes?

What are the best goggles for deep set eyes? My wife's goggles tend to leak because she has deep set eyes. She has set the straps soo tight that it hurts and leaves marks for 12 hours- for real! she tried loose also and it didn't work. Is there a particular brand or model that is better?
  • On a related note, I am trying to find a brand of goggles that does not make marks around my eyes. Any suggestions? I don't have to dive in with the goggles. You might try the Barracuda standard goggle. They are not low profile (not for racing) and are designed for comfort and basic lap swimming. They don't seem to fit everyone, and can leak if you don't/can't get the straps adjusted. The straps tend to wear out after a year or so as I recall and the goggles tend to fog after time (cleaning them after each use with a little water or mild soap and water could prevent the fogging). The foam around the goggles does prevent raccoon eyes. Barracuda's Bliss goggle has a lower profile and claims to prevent raccoon eyes too, but I have not tried them and really haven't used the standards in a long time.
  • I highly recommend that she use a larger profile goggle that does not set on her eye sockets. I use Aquasphere and started after I was getting these weird bumps on my eyelids from having to wear my goggles so tight to keep them from leaking. My doctor at the time told me that I was basically developing permanent water retention on my eyes and that I was looking forward to a droopy eyelid future, or plastic surgery. It was miserable, although my husband found it hilarious to say things like "Cool! I married a Klingon!" I switched to the Aquasphere, which I was already using for open water, and not only did I no longer have issues with leaking, but the bumps went away and I don't have those insane black and blue looking rings anymore. I like the Seal XP. You look slightly goofy, but more and more of my team are wearing them, and at this point, I don't care. They feel great. Good luck!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Does anyone know what brand the swimmer on the cover of the May-June Swimmer magazine (the underwater camera issue) is wearing? They look like they have good coverage. I asked Heide what brand of goggles she was wearing in that photograph. She said they are the TYR Special Ops 2.0 model. Also, for anyone who is interested, the swimsuit she is wearing is the "Engine" brand, which is sold by All American Swim.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    I have deep set eyes and was looking for large ones too. Found these on Amazon and ordered them. 5 Star reviews for comfortLAOPOMI Swim Goggles Clear Vision,Anti-UV,Anti-fog,Anti-Scraper,Comfortable Fit,Quick Release Band,No Leakage Swiming Glasses-Free Nose and Earplugs(Blue) 9