Best Goggles for Deep Set Eyes?

What are the best goggles for deep set eyes? My wife's goggles tend to leak because she has deep set eyes. She has set the straps soo tight that it hurts and leaves marks for 12 hours- for real! she tried loose also and it didn't work. Is there a particular brand or model that is better?
  • Yes she has tried a pair for women, they too leak. She never swam before and has picked it up pretty quickly and is doing 1500-1800 yards right now. The goggle thing is really messing her up right now. The goggel/masks that go around the eye socket sounds like that may be the answer. Any and all advice is appreciated - keep'em coming. I'd like her to eventually join USMS and swim some meets with me. Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com I've never heard of anyone having problems because otheir eyes are deep set. I do see th t athere are goggles for women. Has she tried a pair of them?
  • I prefer the large lens goggles (with foam gasket). They fit around the eye socket, rather than the eyeball. Unfortunately, the Speedo brand I like was discontinued years ago, so I'm living off my stockpile.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Try swedish goggles. They seem like they will leak, but they actually work better for me than anything else and I have deepset eyes. The key for me was adjusting them so that the eye pieces were wide enough apart. I kept wanting to keep the googles closer together than they needed to be and they leaked very bad at first. Then I readjusted them to simply rest on my eye as if I was trying the eye piece on with out putting the googles together. For me, I noticed that the eye piece on the Swedish google rested perfectly in my eye socket, The key was adjusting them so that when the googles were put together, the rested in the same place on my eye.
  • Former Member
    I've never heard of anyone having problems because otheir eyes are deep set. I do see th t athere are goggles for women. Has she tried a pair of them?
  • Former Member
    Originally posted by mattson I prefer the large lens goggles (with foam gasket). They fit around the eye socket, rather than the eyeball. Unfortunately, the Speedo brand I like was discontinued years ago, so I'm living off my stockpile. I like the Speedo with foam as well. Everyone keeps asking why I don't switch and I've tried, but none fit that well. I think I still have two new ones left. I might just have to keep rebuilding them until they totally fall apart. The only other ones I liked were Tyr, but even those were a pain to get right, and I had to use the bunggee type strap.
  • i think you're talking about the Speedo Pro brand which is the kind I wear and they haven't been discontinued. ande Originally posted by mattson I prefer the large lens goggles (with foam gasket). They fit around the eye socket, rather than the eyeball. Unfortunately, the Speedo brand I like was discontinued years ago, so I'm living off my stockpile.
  • Former Member
    hey sd, about those Kaiman glasses. Several swimmers have told me that the large size tends to have the lenses touch the eyeballs. Next time you get the chance try the adult small size. And don't be afraid to tighten the strap enough that they won't come off on a starting platform start. I put mine on before I shower and they are never wet or foggy on the inside. I never remove the until after the workout, sometimes over two hours. But, be sure they are anti-fog. For some reason they recently started to sell some without the anti-fog treatment
  • Former Member
    I have the same problem as your wife. I either use very small goggles like the socket rockets that fit inside or Aquasphere Kaiman goggles that fit outside-although my face is small the large work best for this. The Kaiman is more comfortable for long swims but not so good for starts or hard pushes off the wall. The masks don't fit so well for me. Its also important to play with the tension of the straps (too tight tends to pull them off my eyes instead of on) and to make sure the skin they will go on is pretty clean to make a good seal.
  • Former Member
    Originally posted by ande i think you're talking about the Speedo Pro brand which is the kind I wear and they haven't been discontinued. ande They haven't been discontinued. I haven't seen them in stores in a couple of years now, and the lasst ones I got said discontinued. Good to know I can still get them as I have two pairs left.
  • I have deep set eyes and I LOVE Speedo Women's Vanquisher.