USA Swimming Grand Prix Series

2012-13 USA SWIMMING GRAND PRIX SERIES: Minneapolis Grand Prix Nov. 9-11 Minneapolis, MN Austin Grand Prix Jan. 18-20, 2013 Austin, TX Orlando Grand Prix Feb. 14-16, 2013 Orlando, FL Mesa Grand Prix April 11-13, 2013 Mesa, AZ Charlotte Ultraswim Grand Prix May 9-12, 2013 Charlotte, NC Santa Clara Grand Prix May 30-June 2, 2013 Santa Clara, CA
  • What is circle seeding anyway? Circle seeding means the top seed goes into the final heat, the second seed goes into the penultimate heat, the third goes into the antepenultimate heat, fourth goes into the final heat, etc. This is typically used in a meet that has prelims and finals. edit: oops, sorry, didn't see this was already answered.
  • 2014 Arena Grand Prix at Mesa SwimSwam Article: 2014 Mesa Grand Prix Preview: Links, schedule and storylines to watch USA Swimming Hopes to Unveil Backstroke Wedges at Mesa Grand Prix Masters World Records Can Be Set At Arena Grand Prix - Mesa; Dual Sanction Granted The fourth stop on the Arena Grand Prix Series takes place in Arizona. The Arena Grand Prix at Mesa will be held April 24 - 26 in Mesa, Ariz. at the Skyline Aquatic Center. Psych Sheet (updated 4/19/14) Unofficial Prelim Timeline Meet Information 5. Master’s World Records on high alert: This year’s Mesa Grand Prix is dual sanctioned by USA Swimming and U.S. Masters Swimming, meaning registered Masters members are eligible to set Masters World Records at the meet. Hunting those records will be such names as Nathan Adrian, Anthony Ervin and Darian Townsend. All three are entered at the U.S. Master’s National Championships in early May, so should be Masters eligible for Mesa. Just a few of the records that could be in jeopardy: •Adrian: 50 free age 25-29, 22.59 •Ervin: 50 free age 30-34, 22.13 •Townsend: 200 free age 30-34, 1:53.15* But are they entered with their USMS number? Don't they have to be to set masters WRs?
  • I'll just deduct it from knelson's $5 prize for using antepenultimate correctly and in a sentence. Sorry Kirk, it's only a $4 word now. Kirk didn't get a prize because he didn't phrase it in the form of a question.
  • Kirk didn't get a prize because he didn't phrase it in the form of a question. You're a wily one, Trebek. Fresnoid, you can collect your $1 from Allen :bolt:
  • But are they entered with their USMS number? Don't they have to be to set masters WRs? I am not as familiar with this b/c it is a FINA issue, not a USMS issue. If I am remembering correctly they have to declare (before the meet) that they are swimming as a masters swimmer. www.usms.org/.../gto_sanctions_declaration_of_intent.pdf I believe they can't swim representing their USA-S club, certainly not in relays. Possibly I'm wrong about that. I think FINA can be prickly about this sort of thing. That's why they don't allow WRs are non-masters meets, or allow any swimmers under 25 to be considered a masters swimmer.
  • Kathy may correct me, but MGR 1 The Members shall register Masters competitors in a special category for each of the five recognised disciplines. A competitor who registers for Masters in any discipline will still retain his/her unrestricted right to compete in other competitions. MGR 2 Except for specific exceptions in the FINA Rules and regulations all other FINA Rules and Regulations shall apply to Masters Competitions. and MSW 5.3 World Records can only be established in a Masters meet: a) formally sanctioned by a FINA Member Federation; and b) organised for on behalf of a club or an organisation, which is a member of this FINA Member Federation or recognised by FINA; and c) conducted under the rules of FINA (and specially those relevant to Masters Swimming); and d) in which only swimmers registered in a club member of a FINA Member Federation participated. how i read this, yes you must enter as a masters swimmer.
  • NBC news - Phelps said he gained 30 lbs.
  • ...the third goes into the antepenultimate heat, ... 'don't think I've ever seen that word used before, very cool! ...getting really off-topic here, in Mandarin there is a word for "the day before yesterday" and by proceeding it with "big" you can say, "the day before the day before yesterday". I was really impressed with the convenience when I learned this. -ok, back to Grand Prix swimming...
  • Circle seeding means the top seed goes into the final heat, the second seed goes into the penultimate heat, the third goes into the antepenultimate heat, fourth goes into the final heat, etc. This is typically used in a meet that has prelims and finals. edit: oops, sorry, didn't see this was already answered. Circle Seeding! I never heard it called that. I only heard it called Pyramid seeding.
  • Circle Seeding! I never heard it called that. I only heard it called Pyramid seeding. Back at you - I've never heard it called anything except circle seeding.