USA Swimming Grand Prix Series

2012-13 USA SWIMMING GRAND PRIX SERIES: Minneapolis Grand Prix Nov. 9-11 Minneapolis, MN Austin Grand Prix Jan. 18-20, 2013 Austin, TX Orlando Grand Prix Feb. 14-16, 2013 Orlando, FL Mesa Grand Prix April 11-13, 2013 Mesa, AZ Charlotte Ultraswim Grand Prix May 9-12, 2013 Charlotte, NC Santa Clara Grand Prix May 30-June 2, 2013 Santa Clara, CA
  • M. Andrew will win the 50 gridge, since M. Phelps is going to swim it fly.
  • M. Andrew will win the 50 gridge, since M. Phelps is going to swim it fly. Are you crazy? He doesn't want to risk getting accused of unsportsmanlike conduct! :)
  • The two Michaels are seeded next to each other in the 50 free! 24 Andrew, Michael 15 Indie Swimming-MV 23.19 25 Phelps, Michael 28 North Baltimore-MD 23.20 I think I'd put my money on Phelps, but with the way Michael Andrew has been swimming I'm not at all confident.Prelims are circle seeded, so the Michael’s will be in 2 different heats.
  • Are you crazy? Well....... yes. He doesn't want to risk getting accused of unsportsmanlike conduct! :) I believe the politically correct term is "arrogant showboating." :agree:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    The two Michaels are seeded next to each other in the 50 free! 24 Andrew, Michael 15 Indie Swimming-MV 23.19 25 Phelps, Michael 28 North Baltimore-MD 23.20 I think I'd put my money on Phelps, but with the way Michael Andrew has been swimming I'm not at all confident. If the posters on swimswam are right in there predictions for Phelps (generally 23.3-23.4 I think), Andrew will probably beat him. It will be fun to see what happens. Andrew will probably break 23 soon if not at this meet. It depends how much Phelps has been training for the 50 free.
  • 2014 Arena Grand Prix at Mesa The fourth stop on the Arena Grand Prix Series takes place in Arizona. The Arena Grand Prix at Mesa will be held April 24 - 26 in Mesa, Ariz. at the Skyline Aquatic Center. Psych Sheet (updated 4/19/14) Unofficial Prelim Timeline Meet Information
  • Prelims are circle seeded, so the Michael’s will be in 2 different heats. I don't know where I saw or heard that as far down on the psych sheet as Phelps and Andrew are, they would be swimming next to each other. But not so in the later heats. I'm probably wrong on this. What is circle seeding anyway?
  • Do the seed times come from the 2014 season?
  • Former Member
    I believe the politically correct term is "arrogant showboating." :agree: That was trademarked. You owe me $1
  • Former Member
    I don't know where I saw or heard that as far down on the psych sheet as Phelps and Andrew are, they would be swimming next to each other. But not so in the later heats. I'm probably wrong on this. What is circle seeding anyway? Instead of having the last heat be the fastest swimmers, they are spread out in the last 3 heats. A center lane is considered beneficial for racing. This way the top 3 seeds each get a center lane. Plus more people get to race with the faster people. In an 8 lane pool, lane 4 goes to the fastest seed, followed by lanes 5,3,6,2,7,1,8. Using circle seeding, the top seed is in lane 4 of the last heat. The 2nd seed is in lane 4 in the 2nd to last heat. The 3rd seed is in lane 4 in the 3rd to last heat. The 4th seed is in lane 5 in the last heat. The 5th seed is in lane 5 in the 2nd to last heat. and so on.