USA Swimming Grand Prix Series

2012-13 USA SWIMMING GRAND PRIX SERIES: Minneapolis Grand Prix Nov. 9-11 Minneapolis, MN Austin Grand Prix Jan. 18-20, 2013 Austin, TX Orlando Grand Prix Feb. 14-16, 2013 Orlando, FL Mesa Grand Prix April 11-13, 2013 Mesa, AZ Charlotte Ultraswim Grand Prix May 9-12, 2013 Charlotte, NC Santa Clara Grand Prix May 30-June 2, 2013 Santa Clara, CA
Parents
  • But are they entered with their USMS number? Don't they have to be to set masters WRs? I am not as familiar with this b/c it is a FINA issue, not a USMS issue. If I am remembering correctly they have to declare (before the meet) that they are swimming as a masters swimmer. www.usms.org/.../gto_sanctions_declaration_of_intent.pdf I believe they can't swim representing their USA-S club, certainly not in relays. Possibly I'm wrong about that. I think FINA can be prickly about this sort of thing. That's why they don't allow WRs are non-masters meets, or allow any swimmers under 25 to be considered a masters swimmer.
  • But are they entered with their USMS number? Don't they have to be to set masters WRs? I am not as familiar with this b/c it is a FINA issue, not a USMS issue. If I am remembering correctly they have to declare (before the meet) that they are swimming as a masters swimmer. www.usms.org/.../gto_sanctions_declaration_of_intent.pdf I believe they can't swim representing their USA-S club, certainly not in relays. Possibly I'm wrong about that. I think FINA can be prickly about this sort of thing. That's why they don't allow WRs are non-masters meets, or allow any swimmers under 25 to be considered a masters swimmer.
Children
No Data