Longhorns UT University of Texas at Austin

Longhorns UT University of Texas at Austin is the thread for texas swimming UT Men UT Women Texas Swim Center 2008 - 2009 Swim Center Schedule Longhorn Aquatics hosted meets Friday 9/26/08 UT Men had the Orange and White meet It is an intersquad meet. Results
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    Our responses are about you being stupid enough to think that elite swimmers at the university of texas, which has some of the best coaches in the world, would actually care what a hack like you thinks about anything. Hey thewookiee On a more serious note, there are people in the elite swimming field who echo the sentiments of "hacks" like me. As for my comment on this particular thread (that sparked another inferno -as usual-), I was just speculating that someone at UT might be thinking it's time to "put the worms back in the can" and try to eliminate the variables that tech suits have brought into the fray. D2
  • Former Member
    Hey thewookiee On a more serious note, there are people in the elite swimming field who echo the sentiments of "hacks" like me. As for my comment on this particular thread (that sparked another inferno -as usual-), I was just speculating that someone at UT might be thinking it's time to "put the worms back in the can" and try to eliminate the variables that tech suits have brought into the fray. D2 And the people that are on the elite scene, that have contributed to the sport in some form or fashion, their opinions are respected. Just like people on this forum that have contributed to swimming, such as ande, fortress, stillwater, midas,swimshark,geek, they have all contributed to many discussions on the forum and to fellow teammates. They have offered advice on swimming topics outside of tech suits issues to help people. You haven't offered helpful advice on swimming related topics such as training, techincal advice, meet preparation. Therefore, you are a hack. And check the date of the duel meet. It was last Jan. Both teams wore tech suits at their respective conference meets, ncaa's, usa nationals. A lot of teams didn't pull out tech suits for duel meets. They didn't feel the need to waste time putting on the suit or using the suit for a duel meet, where most teams train through them anyway.
  • Former Member
    Great thread, guys! Texas is my favorite NCAA team. That said, I'm totally psyched about the Invite, but totally bummed that we won't get the coverage on Floswimming... If you all like UGA swimming, there's a specific channel on Youtube where videos of the most current meets are updated every week. Kind of like Flo, but without the commentary. There's also some great NCAA Nat's coverage, like Basson's 500 free and Clary's 3:35 (!!!!) 400 IM.
  • next meet for the horns and many college teams is the Texas Invitational in Austin, Texas Thursday, Dec 3, Friday, Dec 4 & Saturday, Dec 5 Prelims 10 am Finals 6 pm Mens 2009 - 2010 SCHEDULE Women 2009 - 2010 SCHEDULE
  • the Texas Invitational in Austin, Texas at UT begins tomorrow Men's Press Release Women's Press Release PARTICIPATING TEAMS: Texas, Arizona, defending NCAA champion Auburn, Wisconsin, North Texas and Wyoming LIVE VIDEO: A live video stream will be available for the three evening swimming finals sessions (link will be available at http://www.texassports.com prior to each finals session) Thursday, Dec 3, Friday, Dec 4 & Saturday, Dec 5 Prelims 10 am Finals 6 pm RESULTS EVENTS Thursday, Dec. 3 Swimming (10 a.m. prelims/6 p.m. finals) 100 butterfly 500 freestyle 200 IM 50 freestyle 200 freestyle relay 400 medley relay (evening finals only) Diving Men's 1-meter prelims - 12:30-1:30 p.m. Women's 3-meter prelims - 2:45-4:20 p.m. Men's 1-meter finals - 5:15-5:45 p.m. Women's 3-meter finals - 6:15-6:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 4 Swimming (10 a.m. prelims/6 p.m. finals) 400 IM 200 freestyle 100 breaststroke 100 backstroke 200 medley relay 800 freestyle relay (evening finals only) Diving Women's 1-meter prelims - 12:30-2:15 p.m. Men's 3-meter prelims - 3:30-4:30 p.m. Women's 1-meter finals - 5:15-5:45 p.m. Men's 3-meter finals - 6:15-6:45 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5 Swimming (10 a.m. prelims/6 p.m. finals) 200 backstroke 100 freestyle 200 breaststroke 200 butterfly 1,650 freestyle (fastest heat swum with finals) 400 freestyle relay (evening finals only) Diving (no prelims) Women's platform - 12:30-1:20 p.m. Men's platform - 2:50-3:30 p.m. Mens 2009 - 2010 SCHEDULE Women 2009 - 2010 SCHEDULE
  • FOLLOW THE HORNS ON TWITTER: For news and updates on the Texas men’s swimming and diving program, follow the Longhorns on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TexasMSD FOLLOW THE HORNS ON TWITTER! For news and updates on the Texas women's swimming and diving program, follow the Longhorns on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TexasWSD
  • Texas Invite's begun Results
  • Today at 3:00 UT men & women swim auburn RESULTS
  • Big 12 swimming championships begin Wednesday Feb 24th psych sheet Live Results swimmers need to rank around top 24 in the nation to make NCAAs looks like the meet is going to have live video feed no links yet Meet site I may go to the meet on Fri or Sat to cheer for the horns