Longhorns UT University of Texas at Austin

Longhorns UT University of Texas at Austin is the thread for texas swimming UT Men UT Women Texas Swim Center 2008 - 2009 Swim Center Schedule Longhorn Aquatics hosted meets Friday 9/26/08 UT Men had the Orange and White meet It is an intersquad meet. Results
  • In looking at the IU & UT results I was wondering where was Jimmy Feigen? Or did I miss something?:confused:
  • Jimmy didn't swim, not sure why Ande In looking at the IU & UT results I was wondering where was Jimmy Feigen? Or did I miss something?:confused:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    Buck up: I'm sure you get at least 1 second from the dive. Er, I mean... Chris, you must not have seen Wolf's new start. He waits til everyone is on the blocks, then jumps up and does a 1950's style take off, while everyone else is hitting the water, so I doubt he gets that 1 sec. :)
  • Former Member
    Interesting. Given the way the NCAA letter was worded, especially WRT disqualifications, perhaps the coaches got together and said "Screw it, until this mess is 100% clear, the teams will just wear something that absolutely no one can say is against the rules while giving no one a 'suit advantage' ." Smart. -LBJ
  • Dolphin, Please start your own anti-suit thread rather than hijacking this one? UT and every other NCCA Div 1 school follows the NCAA suit rules. Coach & athlete opinions don't matter, the rules are set, they are what they are. Men will wear suits like the: Speedo FS PRO Jammers or TYR Tracer Light Jammer Women will wear suits like the: Tyr Tracer Light Short John or the Speedo FS Pro Recordbreaker Kneeskin Hey thewookiee On a more serious note, there are people in the elite swimming field who echo the sentiments of "hacks" like me. As for my comment on this particular thread (that sparked another inferno -as usual-), I was just speculating that someone at UT might be thinking it's time to "put the worms back in the can" and try to eliminate the variables that tech suits have brought into the fray. D2
  • Former Member
    there's videos of the auburn Texas meet up on floswimming what's interesting is in the videos I've watched so far all the swimmers wore briefs www.floswimming.org/.../234464-texas-auburn Gee, kinda makes me wonder if some of those Texans have been reading my posts about going back to the 70s and 80s style suits??? :bump: D2
  • Former Member
    Gee, kinda makes me wonder if some of those Texans have been reading my posts about going back to the 70s and 80s style suits??? :bump: D2 No, they haven't been reading your post. They want to read things from people that are respected for their views on swimming. .
  • Former Member
    Gee, kinda makes me wonder if some of those Texans have been reading my posts about going back to the 70s and 80s style suits??? :bump: D2 The UT swimmers could care less than zero about what you think. Donate some money to the program if you want to be heard.
  • Former Member
    No, they haven't reading your post. They want to read things from people that are respected for their views on swimming. . Hey thewookiee & Hofffman Yeah I should've known better than to post another negative comment about tech suits -especially on a Monday morning when everyone's in a thundercrap mood already. However I thought I'd see if I could get by with it anyway. :bolt: D2
  • Former Member
    Hey thewookiee & Hofffman Yeah I should've known better than to post another negative comment about tech suits -especially on a Monday morning when everyone's in a thundercrap mood already. However I thought I'd see if I just might be able to get by with it anyway. :bolt: D2 Our responses are about you being stupid enough to think that elite swimmers at the university of texas, which has some of the best coaches in the world, would actually care what a hack like you thinks about anything.