Longhorns UT University of Texas at Austin

Longhorns UT University of Texas at Austin is the thread for texas swimming UT Men UT Women Texas Swim Center 2008 - 2009 Swim Center Schedule Longhorn Aquatics hosted meets Friday 9/26/08 UT Men had the Orange and White meet It is an intersquad meet. Results
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    Hey thewookiee On a more serious note, there are people in the elite swimming field who echo the sentiments of "hacks" like me. As for my comment on this particular thread (that sparked another inferno -as usual-), I was just speculating that someone at UT might be thinking it's time to "put the worms back in the can" and try to eliminate the variables that tech suits have brought into the fray. D2 And the people that are on the elite scene, that have contributed to the sport in some form or fashion, their opinions are respected. Just like people on this forum that have contributed to swimming, such as ande, fortress, stillwater, midas,swimshark,geek, they have all contributed to many discussions on the forum and to fellow teammates. They have offered advice on swimming topics outside of tech suits issues to help people. You haven't offered helpful advice on swimming related topics such as training, techincal advice, meet preparation. Therefore, you are a hack. And check the date of the duel meet. It was last Jan. Both teams wore tech suits at their respective conference meets, ncaa's, usa nationals. A lot of teams didn't pull out tech suits for duel meets. They didn't feel the need to waste time putting on the suit or using the suit for a duel meet, where most teams train through them anyway.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    Hey thewookiee On a more serious note, there are people in the elite swimming field who echo the sentiments of "hacks" like me. As for my comment on this particular thread (that sparked another inferno -as usual-), I was just speculating that someone at UT might be thinking it's time to "put the worms back in the can" and try to eliminate the variables that tech suits have brought into the fray. D2 And the people that are on the elite scene, that have contributed to the sport in some form or fashion, their opinions are respected. Just like people on this forum that have contributed to swimming, such as ande, fortress, stillwater, midas,swimshark,geek, they have all contributed to many discussions on the forum and to fellow teammates. They have offered advice on swimming topics outside of tech suits issues to help people. You haven't offered helpful advice on swimming related topics such as training, techincal advice, meet preparation. Therefore, you are a hack. And check the date of the duel meet. It was last Jan. Both teams wore tech suits at their respective conference meets, ncaa's, usa nationals. A lot of teams didn't pull out tech suits for duel meets. They didn't feel the need to waste time putting on the suit or using the suit for a duel meet, where most teams train through them anyway.
Children
No Data