Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
  • Think I'll volunteer to watch and verify the concern... My daughter's Pro did this at All Stars. Burst open at the seam after the 100 IM. We got a new suit. If it's a seam rip, it's arguably a suit defect. Paul Smith has ripped and gotten replacement suits too. I swear I'm bringing all my suits to Nats in case this happens.
  • I've always wondered what women talk about in the locker room now we know
  • I think a suit malfunction like this is the number one reason to shave down even if you're wearing a full body suit. If my legskin craps out I don't want to be stuck wearing my backup briefs with hairy legs! I guess if your backup is the same style suit it's a non-issue, though.
  • I've always wondered what women talk about in the locker room now we know This is only the tip of the iceberg! We chat about how huge our butts are, how childbirth widens your hips and wrecks your stomach, how bad chlorine is for your skin, hair and nails, whether we are due for highlights to hide the gray hair, which suits are the cutest, how to get rid of fat thighs, what the best brands of jeans are, the value of retail therapy, how hormones suck, which BCP is best, and how inept and lazy our spouses can be. We also do, on the odd occasion, talk about training, b*tch about nagging injuries, and discuss whether x guy is hot or not. Oh, boyfriends, breakups, divorces, marriages, re-marriages, etc. are all good discussion topics. Anything else ladies?
  • my head is already spinning this has the potential to be the largest most posted thread in the universe We chat about how huge our butts are, they look great how childbirth widens your hips and wrecks your stomach, you still look great how bad chlorine is for your skin, hair and nails, it is but that's the price we pay whether we are due for highlights to hide the gray hair sooner rather than later which suits are the cutest smaller and colorful how to get rid of fat thighs cut off your legs what the best brands of jeans are Lucky, to a guy, it's the one on his floor in the trail to his bedroom the value of retail therapy "retail therapy" is that shopping how hormones suck they can, my advice is don't sleep with anyone who's crazier than you which BCP is best can't help you there how inept and lazy our spouses can be no say it isn't so we've had a hard day, just let us be in our cave for a while, till we want food or something else after all don't we bring home the bacon We also do, on the odd occasion, talk about training what's that? b*tch about nagging injuries hate them, don't get them discuss whether x guy is hot or not hope I'm the hot topic This is only the tip of the iceberg! We chat about how huge our butts are, how childbirth widens your hips and wrecks your stomach, how bad chlorine is for your skin, hair and nails, whether we are due for highlights to hide the gray hair, which suits are the cutest, how to get rid of fat thighs, what the best brands of jeans are, the value of retail therapy, how hormones suck, which BCP is best, and how inept and lazy our spouses can be. We also do, on the odd occasion, talk about training, b*tch about nagging injuries, and discuss whether x guy is hot or not. Anything else ladies?
  • which suits are the cutest smaller and colorful how inept and lazy our spouses can be no say it isn't so we've had a hard day, just let us be in our cave for a while, till we want food or something else after all don't we bring home the bacon Now, I just had a big discussion with 2 women on the cute suits topic. Two of us were squarely in the BLACK, BLACK, BLACK camp of suits. (Although we were discussing technical suits). The other one, Miss Polka Dots, has a zillion colorful suits. Since I just trashed another speedo and have been lucky enough to inherit my daughter's splish suits, I have told Miss Polka Dots that I will show up at practice tonight with a blue suit with white polka dots. This will be a first for me. Go to your cave. Girls bring home the bacon too. It's usually a complaint about the lack of assistance with child care. Non-swimming spouses can be huge pains in the necks. I practically forced Mr. Fort to run a 5K last weekend, so I could hold it over his head that he is "competing" and not just working out all the time. I did also edit my post to include the obvious topics of boyfriends, breakups, marriages, divorces, re-marriages, affairs, etc. And EVERY girl I know frets about tapering. That "trust your taper" stuff must be a guy thing. All the women will discuss your hotness factor when we meet you at Nats. lol
  • In my experience not a lot of chit-chat in the men's locker room. There's more at meets then at practice because you see folks you haven't seen in a while. But after practice, not a whole lot of talk. Maybe about how lousy you felt, or conversely how much you kicked the guy's butt by that was swimming next to you :)
  • I used to wear black lately I sport colors from the bargain bin, just trashed one that had a crack problem boyfriends don't have one breakups haven't done that in a long time but I listen well and give great advice divorces not so fun hope to never have one sometimes necessary marriages take work, if you're about to get married just date a little longer and see if it lasts re-marriages blending families Girls bring home the bacon too. that's true, had a talk with a friend who makes way more than her husband and resents him for it lack of assistance with child care been there didn't do that now my kids are old and can pretty much care for themselves Non-swimming spouses can be huge pains in the necks lately my wife has been really nice about my swimming I practically forced Mr. Fort to run a 5K last weekend, so I could hold it over his head that he is "competing" and not just working out all the time. you're so manipulative affairs do women talk about affairs in the locker room? juicy you never know who might be listening they could be talking if their spouse is having one EVERY girl I know frets about tapering. That "trust your taper" stuff must be a guy thing. Don't fret about tapering just swim fast in practice, if you swam fast today and swam fast yesterday you'll probably swim fast tomorrow or a week from now All the women will discuss your hotness factor when we meet you at Nats uh oh Now, I just had a big discussion with 2 women on the cute suits topic. Two of us were squarely in the BLACK, BLACK, BLACK camp of suits. (Although we were discussing technical suits). The other one, Miss Polka Dots, has a zillion colorful suits. Since I just trashed another speedo and have been lucky enough to inherit my daughter's splish suits, I have told Miss Polka Dots that I will show up at practice tonight with a blue suit with white polka dots. This will be a first for me. Go to your cave. Girls bring home the bacon too. It's usually a complaint about the lack of assistance with child care. Non-swimming spouses can be huge pains in the necks. I practically forced Mr. Fort to run a 5K last weekend, so I could hold it over his head that he is "competing" and not just working out all the time. I did also edit my post to include the obvious topics of boyfriends, breakups, marriages, divorces, re-marriages, affairs, etc. And EVERY girl I know frets about tapering. That "trust your taper" stuff must be a guy thing. All the women will discuss your hotness factor when we meet you at Nats. lol
  • I practically forced Mr. Fort to run a 5K last weekend, so I could hold it over his head that he is "competing" and not just working out all the time.you're so manipulative affairs do women talk about affairs in the locker room? juicy you never know who might be listening Oh, we were already there doing the one mile fun run with lil lil Fort. So there was no reason for him not to do the 5K. No, other people's affairs in the locker room. Kirk: I can't believe guys are that boring. :bolt: I have heard some interesting things out of my male teammates' mouths.
  • In my experience not a lot of chit-chat in the men's locker room. Or it's "just the facts". To wit... I swam with the Boulder Area Masters team this morning (man that elevation gain is a killer - talk about the piano...) because we were in town from Evanston doing the college visit thing. I met two other guys, one moved from San Francisco about a year ago. The other guy has a son who's a freshman at Northwestern and runs a tech search firm in Longmont. He really liked the wide lanes at Northwestern's pools. I couldn't tell you either of their names... Skip