Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    H I don't want to hear about tea. Drink it with pinky extended. Nobody cares if YOUR "pinky" is extended or not... :lmao:
  • Former Member
    Van Dyken does not bring grace to the pool and describes herself as mean and stubborn. www.geocities.com/.../amybio.htm Van Dyken's behavior after the 100 Free in Atlanta was deplorable. Her pouting and crying was an embarassment to the USA Swimming. Noone remembers this because 6 days later she had won 4 gold medals, but I sure do. Calling Ingy a man was just lame, too. The link above describes a story how, two weeks before the Olympics she saw old high school teammates in a mall. She went up to them and pointedly said, "I am swimming 5 events in the Olympics, what are you up to?" This is a sign of a person who just doesn't get it. My response would have been, "and yet I am still more secure than you..." Enough on VanDyken. What I really want to know is, why didn't Torres continue to swim after 2000? Why come back now?
  • Former Member
    I think all the coffee talk is out of hand. We know there are very few coffee experts here, I happen to be one. Coffee has been found to be a health benefit. So many rumors about coffee are not true. My grandson came home from school, the teacher told him coffee stunts your growth. I told him to research it, he found out the teacher did not know what he was talking about. I still drink my pot or two every morning, then uptown to Beanies for one or two double shot cafe lattes. The girl there at Beanies knows I like to taste the coffee so that is where I go. Starbucks double shot latte tastes like hot milk to get the proper effect from starbucks I have to order a quad shot latte. I have trouble going to sleep at night if I don't have my coffee.
  • Former Member
    I think all the coffee talk is out of hand. Agreed...maybe Dara is on Tea...it has caffeine and is a diuretic too...so that would help her explain that shredded look she has...
  • Former Member
    Chai Tea Latte...the drink of champions.
  • Former Member
    Chai Tea Latte...the drink of champions. Oh dear...:doh::shakeshead::notworking:
  • Former Member
    Contrary to most beliefs coffee is a stimulant, however for hyper active kids it works in a different way. It slows them down.
  • Former Member
    You had to steal Stud's estrogen clinic admittance card to present at Starbucks in order to buy this, correct? Actually, I just make my own concoction at home. Chai Tea with a splash of milk. Why pay $4.00 when I can make my own for pennies.
  • Former Member
    I can make you a very nice (180 degree) grande latte, complete with travel cup, using my Isomat Venus espresso machine for less than a quarter. Tips are appreciated.
  • Former Member
    Back to Dara. First of all she isn't like that Irish girl that never made the top 25 in the world and suddenly won. Dara was born fast, how old was she in her first Olympics? She has never been juiced and I am sure never will. People who start steroid stories should be hung. She has never totally stopped training. She did not try for the 2004 Olympics, I talked to her for a while during the 2004 trails in Long Beach with her trainer. I suggested she could still beat the girls at trials, she smiled like she knew something. Her secret is the stretching and strength program her trainer has her on. I asked him to review his book when he finished it, now I want to see that book more than ever. She is also still beautiful, just lites up a room.