Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I am glad The GoodSmith and geochuck are with it, there is nothing like a good shot of coffee to good in just about everything worth while in life. I didn't drink coffee in college, but taking night classes later in life (much later) I averaged higher than 100% in every class I took, thanks to iced coffee! I have used coffee before swim meets for 20 years plus, helps with my asthma and gets me thinking better about my stroke. If I had to raise my kids AGAIN, they would be on coffee from the time they turned 10. No doubt if all kids had a good breakfast and some coffee we would be a smarter nation.
  • Former Member
    They tell me the predigested coffee beans a make a powerfull cup of coffee at $1000 a lb. George Google this and tell me what you think - Civet Coffee (Kopi Luwak) What I want to know is....who followed the cat around and decided to look through it's turds to find the beans in the first place???? Insert Vomiting Icon here.....
  • Former Member
    I started on tea at a very early age, and ended up drinking coffee in junior high. I was a pretty smart kid back then. But I also had a serious Tylenol habit from all the headaches. Now I drink no more than 2 small cups of weak stuff a day. No more headaches. But my concentration is shot, and I'm not exactly the brightest grownup on the block. Can't decide which scenario was worse. The headaches were very unpleasant. I'm not sure it's a good thing to let young children acquire a caffeine addiction, even though almost all of them probably will. I'm not sure it's a bad thing, either.
  • Former Member
    Coffee beans are not the only predigested food on the market. One other is the choice of athletes for years (Honey) the great energy source for nearly every one. www.pressbox.co.uk/.../Good_old_Crapuccino_Is_Cat_Crap_Coffee_an_Urban_Myth__39466.html
  • Former Member
    Yep, nothing like eating Bee vomit....... It is the only food substance (I believe) that does not spoil as long as it is kept in a sealed container.
  • For all you "coffee mugs" LOL ;) news.bbc.co.uk/.../6944026.stm What was she thinking? Doh! Duh! :doh: Even if she thought they were "singles", didn't she think 7 expressos was excessive! Too much of anything is not good for you. Common sense and moderation go a long way!
  • Former Member
    For all you "coffee mugs" LOL ;) news.bbc.co.uk/.../6944026.stm
  • Former Member
    Stud that is the same story I heard when I was ten years old. The only difference was the fellow drank 2 bottles of Coca Cola, took 2 aspirins and ended up in the hospital.
  • Former Member
    Stud that is the same story I heard when I was ten years old. The only difference was the fellow drank 2 bottles of Coca Cola, took 2 aspirins and ended up in the hospital. Well, they say history repeats itself George! This is on the BBC so it's true! I did a similar thing when I jugged up on 3 large Lattes at home oneday. I got to my classthat night and the younger day students thought I was on speed b/c I was yabbering at a staggering rate of knots...
  • Former Member
    I stop staggering after two or thee double shot lates. I have seen some of those stories on the BBC especially the Great White Shark story that they put on. Then they found out it was a hoax. Shark story news.bbc.co.uk/.../6920345.stm