Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Van Dyken does not bring grace to the pool and describes herself as mean and stubborn. www.geocities.com/.../amybio.htm Van Dyken's behavior after the 100 Free in Atlanta was deplorable. Her pouting and crying was an embarassment to the USA Swimming. Noone remembers this because 6 days later she had won 4 gold medals, but I sure do. Calling Ingy a man was just lame, too. The link above describes a story how, two weeks before the Olympics she saw old high school teammates in a mall. She went up to them and pointedly said, "I am swimming 5 events in the Olympics, what are you up to?" This is a sign of a person who just doesn't get it. My response would have been, "and yet I am still more secure than you..." Enough on VanDyken. What I really want to know is, why didn't Torres continue to swim after 2000? Why come back now?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Van Dyken does not bring grace to the pool and describes herself as mean and stubborn. www.geocities.com/.../amybio.htm Van Dyken's behavior after the 100 Free in Atlanta was deplorable. Her pouting and crying was an embarassment to the USA Swimming. Noone remembers this because 6 days later she had won 4 gold medals, but I sure do. Calling Ingy a man was just lame, too. The link above describes a story how, two weeks before the Olympics she saw old high school teammates in a mall. She went up to them and pointedly said, "I am swimming 5 events in the Olympics, what are you up to?" This is a sign of a person who just doesn't get it. My response would have been, "and yet I am still more secure than you..." Enough on VanDyken. What I really want to know is, why didn't Torres continue to swim after 2000? Why come back now?
Children
No Data