Eating

Former Member
Former Member
Just curious about what you eat before, during and after swimming. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Regarding "before"...please...not chili (or anything of the sort). Last week one of my workouts was cut short due to the chili some guy had just eaten for lunch ended up in the water. Dan
  • Just curious about what you eat before, during and after swimming. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 1/2 banana before :banana:(I swim first thing in the morning), NOTHING DURING, and 100% whey protein drink after-- chocolate favored, of course! :bliss:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Apples or bananas
  • realize that every person is different. i dont eat before 530am practice i use a drink mix during practice and i chow like a starved wolf after on afternoon workout i have an energy bar about 1hr before it usually stays down. also use a drink mix during and chow after here is what NOT to do...cinnimmon toast and orange juice...oh thats like drinking lava bomb
  • Just curious about what you eat before, during and after swimming. before = espresso during = water after = whatever i want / whatever is available
  • Call me weird but a Zone bar and bag of russet potato chips before an evening practice (which I usually do) and a zone bar or two afterward. Oh and wine when I get home. Oddly this works for me. During. ..depends on how long the swim is. Short swim, just water, maybe a sports drink but for longer ones (training for 5.5 mile o.w. swim and later in the summer an 8 mile swim), I include more calories. ... Hammer Perpetuem, for instance. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • Typically I can't eat anything before I swim. Especially before a 5 am workout. I had chili last night after work, but too close to bed time. Nobody has seen it again, but it is certainly reminding me it's there.:bolt: I will have eggs or something high protein after.
  • Typically I eat nothing before or during, especially if I'm trying to cut weight. After swim I'll normally have a couple pieces of fruit and some nuts for my breakfast. Though, leading into an event when I want to recover more quickly and feel better, I'll drink a recovery drink -- normally Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator.
  • Just curious about what you eat before, during and after swimming. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk do you mean swim practice or a swim meet? HUGE difference!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    realize that every person is different. i dont eat before 530am practice i use a drink mix during practice and i chow like a starved wolf after on afternoon workout i have an energy bar about 1hr before it usually stays down. also use a drink mix during and chow after here is what NOT to do...cinnimmon toast and orange juice...oh thats like drinking lava bomb Thanks for the heads up on what to avoid. Knowing what not to do can be more important as what I should do.