2014 LC Nat's

Former Member
Former Member
has there been any information in regards to the order of events for this summer's Nat's?
  • has there been any information in regards to the order of events for this summer's Nat's? from jroddin Nationals forum Day 1 Wednesday: Mixed 1500 freestyle Day 2 Thursday: 200 butterfly 50 breaststroke 100 freestyle Mixed 800 freestyle Day 3 Friday: 400 IM 30 minute break 50 backstroke 200 freestyle 100 breaststroke 200 freestyle relays Day 4 Saturday 100 butterfly 50 freestyle 200 backstroke 200 mixed free relay 200 mixed medley relay 400 freestyle (both) Day 5 Sunday 200 medley relays 100 backstroke 200 IM 50 butterfly 200 breaststroke
  • that's fantastic - 100fr thursday and 50fr saturday....:bitching: but thanks for the info It works the same way for the other strokes, too. Why not swim the 200 free on Friday? No matter what, there will ALWAYS be SOMEBODY unhappy with the line-up. As for me, I was most unhappy about finally qualifying to swim six events at 2013 LC Nationals; however, everybody's 6th event was canceled, and I missed out on the 1500. :sad: Thankfully, I qualify for almost every event at World's, so I can make the most of my trip to Montreal. Once I head to Maryland, it will only be 3 events for me, because I doubt I can make NQT's again until I age up again! At least I come from a large team and will get to swim on relays. :bliss:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    that's fantastic - 100fr thursday and 50fr saturday....:bitching: but thanks for the info
  • Thankfully, I qualify for almost every event at World's, so I can make the most of my trip to Montreal. Once I head to Maryland, it will only be 3 events for me, because I doubt I can make NQT's again until I age up again! At least I come from a large team and will get to swim on relays. :bliss: See you in MD, Elaine.
  • See you in MD, Elaine. :applaud: I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Swimshark! Will you be swimming 400 IM again? It was your inspiration at Georgia tech that got me into trying 400 IM and 200 Fly. I swam them both at Mission Viejo, although I was very slow due to having a dislocated floating rib poking my kidney. Perhaps I'll chuck a couple of my breaststroke races and give the 400 IM and 200 Fly another try in Maryland and see if I can stay healthy and swim them faster! :D
  • Thankfully, I qualify for almost every event at World's, so I can make the most of my trip to Montreal. :bliss: What events will you do in Montreal? I'm about 90% going, and will definitely do the o/w swim if I'm there. Probably also the 200 *** and 400 free. I guess since you have to qualify to swim, they make the qualification times a bit more generous (I easily make them for everything I'd want to swim.) If you want an extra LCM meet, the Gay Games are in Cleveland just before Worlds (it is open to anyone, and I don't think there are qualification times)
  • I guess since you have to qualify to swim, they make the qualification times a bit more generous It's not so much that you have to qualify to swim, but rather your swims at Worlds don't count unless you meet the qualifying time.
  • I have been looking forward to Worlds for a very long time,but there seems to be more discussion of Nats on the forum.Who is going to which and why? I doubt I can afford to go to both. Worlds will be more expensive and less practical,but at least it will be a Worlds in North America.
  • What events will you do in Montreal? I'm about 90% going, and will definitely do the o/w swim if I'm there. Probably also the 200 *** and 400 free. I guess since you have to qualify to swim, they make the qualification times a bit more generous (I easily make them for everything I'd want to swim.) If you want an extra LCM meet, the Gay Games are in Cleveland just before Worlds (it is open to anyone, and I don't think there are qualification times) I am undecided; it's a tough decision! There are so many events I enjoy swimming including open water! No matter what I choose, I have no chance of ranking even in the top half, so my choices will be based on what I would most like to swim. For me, that usually ends up being the extremes. In USMS rankings, my best events are 50 *** and 50 back, such as they are. (I have slipped a lot in my age group!) My worst events are 200 fly and 400 IM; however, I enjoy the challenge. We'll see... If budget allowed, I would love to go to Cleveland and compete there, too! I am already making this a three-week vacation, though, between Montreal, Quebec City, and on to Maryland for Nationals.
  • I have been looking forward to Worlds for a very long time,but there seems to be more discussion of Nats on the forum.Who is going to which and why? I doubt I can afford to go to both. Worlds will be more expensive and less practical,but at least it will be a Worlds in North America. I am passing on returning to California (and passed on Indianapolis), so I can afford to go to both Worlds and Nats. Why do I want to go to both? Montreal and Quebec City have been on my travel list for a long time, and this may be my only opportunity to compete at Worlds. Meeting people from all over the world will be a blast for me, since I have traveled internationally quite extensively over the years. Going to Nationals is a no-brainer for me, since it is soon after Worlds concludes. A side trip to Quebec City will bridge the time in between the two and we can fly to D.C. (less expensive than Baltimore) from there. From Maryland, it's back home to Georgia. Although I will only qualify to swim three events at Nats., we'll have enough Georgia Masters swimmers going to swim relays. Hopefully, I will get on some of those! :bliss: To save money on accomodations, we booked an apartment through www.airbnb.com for Montreal and Quebec City; a less expensive alternative to a hotel. In Maryland, we got a room at the Best Western Plus College Park at a reasonable rate with our AARP (or AAA; I can't remember which) discount. Dining out will be in less expensive restaurants, preferably the neighborhood mom & pop's. King Frog, if you have been looking forward to Worlds for a very long time, you will be sorry you missed it if you don't go! :agree: