2014 LC Nat's

Former Member
Former Member
has there been any information in regards to the order of events for this summer's Nat's?
  • ... if you have been looking forward to Worlds for a very long time, you will be sorry you missed it if you don't go! :agree: Even though it will be an expensive & lengthy trip, I'm making a best effort to get to Montreal. Starting in 2015, the FINA World Masters Championships will be held in conjunction with the FINA World Championships, taking place in Kazan (RUS). The next opportunity will be Guadalajara in 2017. This is also high on my list! Because 2019 will be in Gwanju, South Korea. And 2021 will be in Budapest, Hungary. Afterthought: Since their inception in 1973, the FINA World Championships have never been held in the US. It is therefore tempting to assume that the Masters World Championships will never again be held in the US, and will always require international travel. Montreal is as close as it's ever gonna be.
  • Because 2019 will be in Gwanju, South Korea. I just found out that the South Korean college student who I taught how to swim is from Gwanju, and this is where his parents still live! :banana: Perhaps Billy and I will both be going to Worlds in South Korea! My buddy is doing great with his swimming. In June, he didn't know how to swim, and he is now swimming a :36- 50 yard freestyle with a :17 split. I think he'll be ready by 2019. :D
  • Even though it will be an expensive & lengthy trip, I'm making a best effort to get to Montreal. The next opportunity will be Guadalajara in 2017. This is also high on my list! Because 2019 will be in Gwanju, South Korea. And 2021 will be in Budapest, Hungary. I hope you go, Swimosaur! :agree: Looking at the future schedule, this will be my only shot for awhile. Budapest, Hungary is a great city, though, and I would love to return. Perhaps I can swing another European river cruise post-Worlds!
  • Ouch 1500 and 800 on back to back days. I think it makes more sense to swim the 800 on the first day and the 1500 on the last day of nationals. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that swimmers will have the option of doing both events (1500 and 800): forums.usms.org/showthread.php
  • I'll have to see about my events at Nats. I'm having shoulder surgery Feb 5th and the recovery, according to the doc, is 3-4 months. I will probably be up to long distance free but fly may still not be up to par. It makes me feel great that I inspired you :) See you in August!
  • Ouch 1500 and 800 on back to back days. I think it makes more sense to swim the 800 on the first day and the 1500 on the last day of nationals. from jroddin Nationals forum Day 1 Wednesday: Mixed 1500 freestyle Day 2 Thursday: 200 butterfly 50 breaststroke 100 freestyle Mixed 800 freestyle Day 3 Friday: 400 IM 30 minute break 50 backstroke 200 freestyle 100 breaststroke 200 freestyle relays Day 4 Saturday 100 butterfly 50 freestyle 200 backstroke 200 mixed free relay 200 mixed medley relay 400 freestyle (both) Day 5 Sunday 200 medley relays 100 backstroke 200 IM 50 butterfly 200 breaststroke
  • I'll have to see about my events at Nats. I'm having shoulder surgery Feb 5th and the recovery, according to the doc, is 3-4 months. I will probably be up to long distance free but fly may still not be up to par. It makes me feel great that I inspired you :) See you in August! Good luck with your surgery, Swimshark! I hope it goes swimmingly!
  • Swimshark - recover well my friend. I am just now getting back after 3 1/2 months no weight on my rt leg/hip. I will be slow back at it , but it feels so good just to be back in the water.
  • Good luck with your surgery, Swimshark! I hope it goes swimmingly! Swimshark - recover well my friend. I am just now getting back after 3 1/2 months no weight on my rt leg/hip. I will be slow back at it , but it feels so good just to be back in the water. Thank you to both. After 18 months of on and off pain, I hope the recovery will be worth it. Orca, I hope you are getting stronger and stronger every day.
  • Afterthought: Since their inception in 1973, the FINA World Championships have never been held in the US. It is therefore tempting to assume that the Masters World Championships will never again be held in the US, and will always require international travel. Montreal is as close as it's ever gonna be. Weren't FINA Worlds held in Indy in 1992?