2015 Long Course Nationals - Spire Institute

I've been watching and waiting for information regarding Long Course Nationals - particularly hotel information. I finally found a link on the Spire site to USMS hotels. As I began the process, I found this curious statement: This is a "Stay to Play" tournament. All teams are required to reserve a hotel room block through Traveling Teams in order to participate in the tournament. Does this mean that individuals are prohibited from booking their own rooms? Due to the lack of information, many of us have already booked rooms that meet our personal needs. Can someone clarify?
  • I went to the Spire website to check for hotels.I tried 3 hotels and all said they had no availability.Any suggestions?
  • When is the entry deadline? I don't see it posted anywhere. Thank you
  • When is the entry deadline? I don't see it posted anywhere. Thank you In the most recent SWIMMER magazine, it says: "Registration will open no later than May 15, 2015, and will close at midnight EDT on July 6, 2015." But it's now the 18th of May and registration still isn't open yet. I'm guessing that the closing date of July 6th will remain the same though.
  • In the most recent SWIMMER magazine, it says: "Registration will open no later than May 15, 2015, and will close at midnight EDT on July 6, 2015." But it's now the 18th of May and registration still isn't open yet. I'm guessing that the closing date of July 6th will remain the same though. Correct, the closing date will remain July 6. I apologize for the delay in opening registration for this meet. We do not cap entries nor close out events, so please be patient until the system is available. Here are some useless facts related to past entries: Santa Clara had 2249 swimmers entered in 2014 Spring Nationals. Over 800 swimmers, or more than a third, entered in the last 2 days. It took 5 weeks from entries opening to reach 800 swimmers. My indirect point is the closing date is much more critical than when the entries open. I'm not trying to make an excuse. I do apologize for the delay and I am sorry that it is not open as promised. We are working on it and hope to have more information soon, including adding the meet information listed in the magazine to the website. Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee
  • Correct, the closing date will remain July 6. I apologize for the delay in opening registration for this meet. We do not cap entries nor close out events, so please be patient until the system is available. Here are some useless facts related to past entries: Santa Clara had 2249 swimmers entered in 2014 Spring Nationals. Over 800 swimmers, or more than a third, entered in the last 2 days. It took 5 weeks from entries opening to reach 800 swimmers. My indirect point is the closing date is much more critical than when the entries open. I'm not trying to make an excuse. I do apologize for the delay and I am sorry that it is not open as promised. We are working on it and hope to have more information soon, including adding the meet information listed in the magazine to the website. Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee No big deal Jeff! There's plenty of time between now and July 6th to register :) I know you guys work hard at this stuff and I want to express my sincere gratitude for that work!
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    Correct, the closing date will remain July 6. I apologize for the delay in opening registration for this meet. We do not cap entries nor close out events, so please be patient until the system is available. Here are some useless facts related to past entries: Santa Clara had 2249 swimmers entered in 2014 Spring Nationals. Over 800 swimmers, or more than a third, entered in the last 2 days. It took 5 weeks from entries opening to reach 800 swimmers. Mr. Roddin, Thank you for all your hard work. We greatly appreciate all your efforts. Wookiee
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    Hello Everyone, I have been trying to resolve the hotel situation for Nationals. Some of the hotels may have that they are sold out online, however they do have rooms available. If you contact the hotels and mention that you are a participant for the Masters Nationals at SPIRE, you should be able to get a room in the block that is set aside for those partaking in this event. An example of this is Sleep Inn Austinburg with a large block of rooms set aside just for USMS Swimmers August 4-9. A list of hotels can be found here: www.spireinstitute.org/.../visitor_hotels If you do have any issues feel free to contact me at jptak@spireinstitute.org and I can point you in the right direction. Hope to see everyone in August! Best, Josh Ptak Meet Director SPIRE Institute
  • I called Spire and they said that they had reserved blocks of rooms at the hotels,but that it had only just gotten finalized.They said to call the hotel.I did and booked at Sleep Inn.
  • Online entry is now open for Summer Nationals, and running list of who is entered is also available. Don't make me swim this meet by myself! As of this moment,4 of 9 entries are men 65-69(including me.)
  • A few tips for those attending Nationals in Ohio: We were just in Cleveland on a road trip stop on the way up to Niagara Falls, Canada. Our only reason for stopping in Cleveland was to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. We went to the West Side Market in the morning and spent the remainder of the day at the Hall. I highly recommend both, especially the Hall if you are a rock fan like I am. We spent almost six hours there, and enjoyed every minute of it! Make sure to save a day after competition to make the 35 minute drive from Spire to downtown Cleveland. Hit the West Side Market in the morning and spend the remainder of the day at the Hall. It was very cool! :wiggle: