50 50's on :50?

we've got a 50th birthday at swim practice tomorrow. It's also our last day for two weeks until the pool re-opens. Does anyone have an idea of a really fun workout for an hour featuring 50's? We've got a diverse mix of fast and less fast swimmers. Thanks!
  • Hmm, 100x100 on 1:00 or 100x100 on 1:40? One's too hard, the other too boring.
  • What's a dolphin dive? (Sorry for a silly question, but I've been out for a while. I'm only finally returning after a LONG recovery from a lousy foot surgery.)
  • What's a dolphin dive? (Sorry for a silly question, but I've been out for a while. I'm only finally returning after a LONG recovery from a lousy foot surgery.) It's when you travel from one end of the pool to the other by way of diving. Push off the bottom of the pool and break the surface of the water with your hands, arching your back so you don't hit the bottom of the pool, put your feet down, push off and dive again. They can be fun, unit you get to the really deep end...
  • Thanks. I think I understand that. (I'm imagining/remembering now, though, swimming in a pool with a really deep end. :-) I found a cheap gym with 24 hour access to a pool, which is wonderful, but the "deep" end isn't even 6 feet. LOL I had to drop vertical kick drills completely from my workout because of this...and that I'm 6-feet tall!)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    This should just be a typical Friday night routine! *dying a little inside*
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I like the idea of a birthday swim! Some people may mind the repetitiveness, but as a distance swimmer, getting in the zone is a "high" for me, and for many of my swimmers. I can see implementing this into a future workout.