Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
  • Since I love to sleep on my stomach I may try the pillows to help align my spine. Actually what I may do when I can afford it is get one of those tables that the massage therapists use so I can sleep on my stomach and don't have the neck or sagging stomach issues. A pillow under my stomach might help as well so maybe I could try that. I actually have a sleep number bed and when I want to sleep on my stomach it is usually set at 100. Maybe one day I will struggle to learn to sleep on my back. Although the times I do try to sleep on my back I tend to have my arms in a streamline position.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I can't sleep on my back either, Donna. I tend to sleep on my left side, which aggravates the left shoulder. How does one learn to sleep on one's back? Is it muscular pain or joint pain that is in your lower back? Had the SAME EXACT sleeping issues as you Fort and Donna. Since going to a Chiro I was told I could no longer sleep on my stomach (very bad for my neck and back.) Then, when I took a nasty fall with my pug putting 165lbs of weight on my shoulder b/c of the fall, I can no longer sleep on shoulder. Only option was sleeping on my back. I use a feather pillow under my neck and then put a pillow under my knees and it's pretty comfortable. HOWEVER, as I'm swimming with SR I, I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up. If I were tapering, I doubt I'd be able to fall asleep period much less on my back. Plus, as I have one good shoulder, I can cheat a bit and sleep some on that one. Good luck and I feel your pain! Fortunately, as my bad shoulder is healing well, I expect to be able to sleep on it again soon. . . I feel for you gals!
  • Had the SAME EXACT sleeping issues as you Fort and Donna. Since going to a Chiro I was told I could no longer sleep on my stomach (very bad for my neck and back.) Then, when I took a nasty fall with my pug putting 165lbs of weight on my shoulder b/c of the fall, I can no longer sleep on shoulder. Only option was sleeping on my back. I use a feather pillow under my neck and then put a pillow under my knees and it's pretty comfortable. HOWEVER, as I'm swimming with SR I, I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up. If I were tapering, I doubt I'd be able to fall asleep period much less on my back. Plus, as I have one good shoulder, I can cheat a bit and sleep some on that one. Good luck and I feel your pain! Fortunately, as my bad shoulder is healing well, I expect to be able to sleep on it again soon. . . I feel for you gals! I slept on my stomach last night and completely wrenched my neck. Ran to ART doc, now icing. Hope I don't do it again. Has anyone used a "Bucky" pillow? I can't use feather pillows -- allergies.
  • I'm addicted to tempur pedic pillows, the whole family is. Buy one and you'll be a convert.
  • Former Member
    I'm addicted to tempur pedic pillows, the whole family is. Buy one and you'll be a convert. I've tried the Tempurpedic pillow, but I don't like it as much as my water-filled Mediflow pillow. See www.mediflow.com. They're nice because you can adjust the support level by adding more water (or pouring out some of the water). I bought mine from my chiropractor but from the web site it looks like they may now be available in stores. Anna Lea
  • Thanks for the pillow advice! Us chicks are now wondering why the sign for free beer at Scholtzs Beer Garden on Sunday night was only posted in the mens locker room?
  • Has anyone tried one of those Tempur Pedic mattresses? Are they any good. I've got a pillow top mattress right now, supposedly one step down from top-of-the-line, and the padding has shifted to form a massive speed bump in the center of the bad. :mad: We've had one for almost seven years and still love it. :applaud:
  • What? You mean it wasn't also posted over the women's urinals???? Shocking, I know! I don't think men should swim with huge holes in the backsides of their fatskins! Meanwhile, I'm just going to come out and confess that I have a huge crush on Rich Abrahams. :)
  • What are you talking about in the Women's locker room about Hannah Montanna??? Vanity Fair, is this explotation of a child???[/QUOTE Standard locker room chat, George. We had to wipe the drool off FlyQueen's face when she met Aaron Peirsol.
  • Former Member
    I'm addicted to tempur pedic pillows, the whole family is. Buy one and you'll be a convert. My pillow is filled with Disney merchandise and Vanity Fair magazines. Is that bad?