Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I can't sleep on my back either, Donna. I tend to sleep on my left side, which aggravates the left shoulder. How does one learn to sleep on one's back? Is it muscular pain or joint pain that is in your lower back? Had the SAME EXACT sleeping issues as you Fort and Donna. Since going to a Chiro I was told I could no longer sleep on my stomach (very bad for my neck and back.) Then, when I took a nasty fall with my pug putting 165lbs of weight on my shoulder b/c of the fall, I can no longer sleep on shoulder. Only option was sleeping on my back. I use a feather pillow under my neck and then put a pillow under my knees and it's pretty comfortable. HOWEVER, as I'm swimming with SR I, I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up. If I were tapering, I doubt I'd be able to fall asleep period much less on my back. Plus, as I have one good shoulder, I can cheat a bit and sleep some on that one. Good luck and I feel your pain! Fortunately, as my bad shoulder is healing well, I expect to be able to sleep on it again soon. . . I feel for you gals!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I can't sleep on my back either, Donna. I tend to sleep on my left side, which aggravates the left shoulder. How does one learn to sleep on one's back? Is it muscular pain or joint pain that is in your lower back? Had the SAME EXACT sleeping issues as you Fort and Donna. Since going to a Chiro I was told I could no longer sleep on my stomach (very bad for my neck and back.) Then, when I took a nasty fall with my pug putting 165lbs of weight on my shoulder b/c of the fall, I can no longer sleep on shoulder. Only option was sleeping on my back. I use a feather pillow under my neck and then put a pillow under my knees and it's pretty comfortable. HOWEVER, as I'm swimming with SR I, I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up. If I were tapering, I doubt I'd be able to fall asleep period much less on my back. Plus, as I have one good shoulder, I can cheat a bit and sleep some on that one. Good luck and I feel your pain! Fortunately, as my bad shoulder is healing well, I expect to be able to sleep on it again soon. . . I feel for you gals!
Children
No Data