Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Had the SAME EXACT sleeping issues as you Fort and Donna. Since going to a Chiro I was told I could no longer sleep on my stomach (very bad for my neck and back.) Then, when I took a nasty fall with my pug putting 165lbs of weight on my shoulder b/c of the fall, I can no longer sleep on shoulder. Only option was sleeping on my back. I use a feather pillow under my neck and then put a pillow under my knees and it's pretty comfortable. HOWEVER, as I'm swimming with SR I, I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up. If I were tapering, I doubt I'd be able to fall asleep period much less on my back. Plus, as I have one good shoulder, I can cheat a bit and sleep some on that one. Good luck and I feel your pain! Fortunately, as my bad shoulder is healing well, I expect to be able to sleep on it again soon. . . I feel for you gals! I slept on my stomach last night and completely wrenched my neck. Ran to ART doc, now icing. Hope I don't do it again. Has anyone used a "Bucky" pillow? I can't use feather pillows -- allergies.
  • Had the SAME EXACT sleeping issues as you Fort and Donna. Since going to a Chiro I was told I could no longer sleep on my stomach (very bad for my neck and back.) Then, when I took a nasty fall with my pug putting 165lbs of weight on my shoulder b/c of the fall, I can no longer sleep on shoulder. Only option was sleeping on my back. I use a feather pillow under my neck and then put a pillow under my knees and it's pretty comfortable. HOWEVER, as I'm swimming with SR I, I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up. If I were tapering, I doubt I'd be able to fall asleep period much less on my back. Plus, as I have one good shoulder, I can cheat a bit and sleep some on that one. Good luck and I feel your pain! Fortunately, as my bad shoulder is healing well, I expect to be able to sleep on it again soon. . . I feel for you gals! I slept on my stomach last night and completely wrenched my neck. Ran to ART doc, now icing. Hope I don't do it again. Has anyone used a "Bucky" pillow? I can't use feather pillows -- allergies.
Children
No Data