Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    My neighbor has two pugs. They like to chase my 80 lbs. collie and I think he's actually scared of them. What a BIG baby! That's so funny! They are so bossy - our neighbors have a small (but VERY chunky) pug, and my 100 lb lab, Norman, is so afraid of her! He is also totally dominated by my cousins' french bulldog. Norm is a giant lap-baby and extreeemely pampered. Organic food included - bad allergies mean he eats better than us at the tune of $50-70 per bag! We are ridiculous pet-parents for our fur-baby!:rofl:
  • Former Member
    I had trouble with sleep and mood swings from age 43 until about 47. Now that I'm approaching 50 and my periods are getting further and further apart, I seem to be sleeping well again (although I usually wake up at 3:00 a.m.) and feel calmer and more laid back than I ever have before. When I do have bouts of insomnia lasting 3 or 4 days, I try not to force it or fret about it, I just tell myself that it's temporary and I'll get through it. It's sort of like weather, there's nothing you can do about it so you might as well not get upset. Sometimes it helps to go to bed an hour later than normal. I'm not sure why this works, but it often does. And avoid watching t.v. in the hour before bed. Again, I'm not sure why, but that seems to interfere with sleep. So does any amount of alcohol in the evening.
  • Former Member
    Life is too complicated when you are in the Ladies Locker Room. I think I will go to the Laddies Locker Room.
  • Former Member
    You youngsters, do not despair. I'm 47 and feel as good as I ever did. :bouncing:
  • Former Member
    P.S. I visited my ENT doc today for the annual check up. He said most viruses are spread by (1) doorknobs and (2) money. Money is ..... filthy. So that is why (reason 1) women let men open doors for them! But why do they keep taking our (2) ?
  • So that is why (reason 1) women let men open doors for them! But why do they keep taking our (2) ? Hahahaha. I open my own doors and make my own money. :thhbbb::thhbbb: True, I used to make a lot more, but I drew the short stick on the genetic end and was responsible for popping out some babies. I then had an inexplicable desire to see them rather than work 24/7. On another topic, I am always, and I mean always, starving lately. I believe I've read this can be caused by fluctuating hormones. It can't be all swimming, can it?
  • On another topic, I am always, and I mean always, starving lately. I believe I've read this can be caused by fluctuating hormones. It can't be all swimming, can it? If you are resting for a meet, then taper time is the worst! Working hard at practice makes you hungry, but the few weeks during taper makes me ravenous. I really have to watch the calorie intake. I can't explain it.:frustrated:
  • If you are resting for a meet, then taper time is the worst! Working hard at practice makes you hungry, but the few weeks during taper makes me ravenous. I really have to watch the calorie intake. I can't explain it.:frustrated: Well, that makes no sense and is positively evil. I did a measly 2300 yards today with only 8 fast 25s, resenting it the whole time. And for my restraint, I am starving to death?!
  • Well, that makes no sense and is positively evil. I did a measly 2300 yards today with only 8 fast 25s, resenting it the whole time. And for my restraint, I am starving to death?! I always gain some weight during taper time. Appetite stays the same or even increases while the yardage goes down. I should eat less but I don't want to feel weak. (Even worse, I crave sweets more than usual too.) But only a couple more days for me...! :thhbbb:
  • I always gain some weight during taper time. Appetite stays the same or even increases while the yardage goes down. I should eat less but I don't want to feel weak. (Even worse, I crave sweets more than usual too.) But only a couple more days for me...! :thhbbb: Chris...were really getting a bit worried here...Geek hanging out in the chicks locker room we understand...but seriously...when you start talking about bloating and eating sweets its time to get out bro...same for the rest of you (so called) guys.