Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I had trouble with sleep and mood swings from age 43 until about 47. Now that I'm approaching 50 and my periods are getting further and further apart, I seem to be sleeping well again (although I usually wake up at 3:00 a.m.) and feel calmer and more laid back than I ever have before. When I do have bouts of insomnia lasting 3 or 4 days, I try not to force it or fret about it, I just tell myself that it's temporary and I'll get through it. It's sort of like weather, there's nothing you can do about it so you might as well not get upset. Sometimes it helps to go to bed an hour later than normal. I'm not sure why this works, but it often does. And avoid watching t.v. in the hour before bed. Again, I'm not sure why, but that seems to interfere with sleep. So does any amount of alcohol in the evening.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I had trouble with sleep and mood swings from age 43 until about 47. Now that I'm approaching 50 and my periods are getting further and further apart, I seem to be sleeping well again (although I usually wake up at 3:00 a.m.) and feel calmer and more laid back than I ever have before. When I do have bouts of insomnia lasting 3 or 4 days, I try not to force it or fret about it, I just tell myself that it's temporary and I'll get through it. It's sort of like weather, there's nothing you can do about it so you might as well not get upset. Sometimes it helps to go to bed an hour later than normal. I'm not sure why this works, but it often does. And avoid watching t.v. in the hour before bed. Again, I'm not sure why, but that seems to interfere with sleep. So does any amount of alcohol in the evening.
Children
No Data