Dynamic Swimwear for today's muslim female/ Burqinis

Former Member
Former Member
My husband just sent me this link. http://www.ahiida.com/ And here I am complaining about a bit of soreness from doubles. I got it easy. Looks like the burqinis cost about as much as a fastskin.
  • Yo, American, take a look at the calendar and then you might understand why a few of us have strong opinions on extremeism. BTW - no one here is bashing women. Conversely, we are saying the burqa can be used as a way to enforce antiquated and outdated rules of a paternalistic culture.
  • BTW - no one here is bashing women. Since when?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Unfortunate in what way, Matt? Many women who have the freedom to choose dress modestly do it as a way of showing respect to and/or worshipping God. If they need to incorporate that into their swimsuit attire, this is a way to do it. Edit: I just went back and read some of the testimonials from wearers. Many of these women were doing aquatic exercises in street clothing or staying out of the water all together before wearing one.
  • Former Member
    Without getting into too much detail, my comments were regarding states such as Iran who dictate what women will wear regardless of their religion (although clearly derived from religious ideas). If somebody truly decides to wear such a garment on their own accord that is fine. However, in many places this is not a choice at all. Very sad...perhaps a bit disgusting.
  • Former Member
    www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../14275.asp Article about this type of swimwear.
  • Former Member
    In many Muslim countries, separate beaches and swimming pools are provided for women and children. This company is out of Australia where separate bathing isn't a wide option. To us westerners, the idea of dress being mandated is oppressive. I have several friends from Iran who have told me that under the burqas or long coats, are the lastest fashions and accessories. The conservative streetwear is really to keep strangers' eyes out.
  • Former Member
    Many women who have the freedom to choose dress modestly do it as a way of showing respect to and/or worshipping God. If they need to incorporate that into their swimsuit attire, this is a way to do it. You might want to read A Thousand Splendid Suns.
  • Former Member
    In many Muslim countries, separate beaches and swimming pools are provided for women and children. This company is out of Australia where separate bathing isn't a wide option. To us westerners, the idea of dress being mandated is oppressive. I have several friends from Iran who have told me that under the burqas or long coats, are the lastest fashions and accessories. The conservative streetwear is really to keep strangers' eyes out. So what's the point of the high fashion if it must be hidden underneath?
  • Former Member
    Don't many women dress as much for other women as for men? Skip Well, apparently in Iran exclusively so.
  • Former Member
    That aside, there is a school of thought about infidelity being easier due to the use of the Hagib and Burka in some countries. Nobody knows for sure who is who. Personally I find it equally "curious" to walk around with ash smeared on your head once a year, or doing what the heck you like throughout life and then accepting Christ 2 mins before you croak and being saved. "Do unto others." "Wwhen you you treat your Brother as you would have him would treat you then you will be a true believer." Sounds the same to me. Absolutely agree with you on these points...especially the 2 minutes before you croak bit. Unfortunately, it seems to me that religion causes much of the pain and suffering in this world. Something that is supposed to save us is actually killing us. Oh yes, I think Fox and CNN are for the birds.