Dynamic Swimwear for today's muslim female/ Burqinis

Former Member
Former Member
My husband just sent me this link. http://www.ahiida.com/ And here I am complaining about a bit of soreness from doubles. I got it easy. Looks like the burqinis cost about as much as a fastskin.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    My husband just sent me this link. http://www.ahiida.com/ And here I am complaining about a bit of soreness from doubles. I got it easy. Looks like the burqinis cost about as much as a fastskin. Well that may fall within the Islamic guidelines of "modesty" but you'd be a fool to try to swim in that...it looks like a drowning waiting to happen. I tried to swim with my Coolibar shirt on...you want to talk about drag...
  • Former Member
    Yea. Was trying to determine if the site was for real or not.
  • I think it's for real. Keep in mind a body suit wouldn't conform to the strict Muslim dress code for women. Coverage isn't enough, it also must not be form fitting.
  • Former Member
    Finally! A swimsuit company I can model for!
  • Former Member
    My husband just sent me this link. http://www.ahiida.com/ Question posed completely tongue-in-cheek and for the fun of it (just couldn't resist): Why would your husband send you this (particular) link?:bolt:
  • Former Member
    It's totally for real. I read an article a while back about these, and how they've allowed Muslim women in Australia to go to the beach and also to be lifeguards there. The bodysuit doesn't conform to the strictest Islamic dress standard because it's form-fitting, but I know that at least Pakistan has recently allowed women to compete in swimming wearing the full coverage Fastskin-type suits. The women train with other women and wear regular swimsuits, but for competitions where there are men, they wear the full bodysuits. I think it's pretty interesting how these suits that were developed simply for speed might have the unintentional consequence of opening up competitive swimming to women in the Arab world.
  • Former Member
    Question posed completely tongue-in-cheek and for the fun of it (just couldn't resist): Why would your husband send you this (particular) link?:bolt: Really! I think he's trying to say that my new Speedo pink camo suit is simply too obnoxious!
  • Many women who have the freedom to choose dress modestly do it as a way of showing respect to and/or worshipping God. Or, alternatively, as a way to stay alive in a culture where extremeism is commonplace and deviation from male mandated dress codes, especially by females, can have awful consequences.
  • The conservative streetwear is really to keep strangers' eyes out. Or to prevent being stoned to death.
  • So what's the point of the high fashion if it must be hidden underneath? Don't many women dress as much for other women as for men? Skip