Resorts with training pools

I am sure that I am not the first person to spend time looking for resorts or vacation spots with pools to train in. I thought it would be useful to have a thread to serve as a resource, listing hotels/ resorts that have either a lap pool or access to one nearby (example: a public pool with training hours nearby). If you are aware of such a resort, please contribute. A bit about the pool would be great as well: Length? Lane lines? Pace Clock? Training accessories (kkckboards, etc...)? Hopefully we can get some worldwide info. I am currently exploring options in Mexico and Latin America
  • What would really be helpful is if we could somehow create a map that you can zoom into...those providing info could click on the actual street address location of the pool, and provide some details (pool size, # lanes, etc). Those seeking info can zoom into the area they're travelling to and find a pool to swim in. Dan
  • https://www.swimmersguide.com/ already does exactly this. If you stay at a place that isn't already in there, you can ask them to add it.
  • I'll start. :blush: I recently stayed at Couples Swept Away. This is near Negril Jamaica 25m lap pool, lane lines, outdoor. Kickboards, pull buoys This pool is just for lap swimming so I basically had it to myself. It is part of a very complete indoor/ outdoor fitness complex completely owned by the resort. Available all day. Pretty much as good as it gets for resort training. My only criticism: the water was about 8 thousand degrees, but Jamaica in September, I don't think this can be escaped. Yes, CSA is a great place for a swimmer looking for a Caribbean get away. Went to the pool every day, never had to share a lane. Smoothie bar right there for a post-workout snack. I'm pretty sure that pool's a bit short of 25 meters, though, albeit longer than 25 yards. And the lanes are a little narrow for fly if your wingspan is 6' or more. But I would LOVE to go back.
  • Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. A 25 yard 2 lane lap pool and a roughly 20 yard by 20 yard pool.
  • I'll start. :blush: I recently stayed at Couples Swept Away. This is near Negril Jamaica 25m lap pool, lane lines, outdoor. Kickboards, pull buoys This pool is just for lap swimming so I basically had it to myself. It is part of a very complete indoor/ outdoor fitness complex completely owned by the resort. Available all day. Pretty much as good as it gets for resort training. My only criticism: the water was about 8 thousand degrees, but Jamaica in September, I don't think this can be escaped.
  • I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Herndon Va (Dulles) last month which had a 2 lane, 15 yard indoor pool. It was sort of OK if you were really, really desperate. It was only 3.5 to 4 feet deep so on turns I hit bottom every time and it was probably 85 degrees.
  • I'll start. :blush: I recently stayed at Couples Swept Away. This is near Negril Jamaica 25m lap pool, lane lines, outdoor. Kickboards, pull buoys This pool is just for lap swimming so I basically had it to myself. It is part of a very complete indoor/ outdoor fitness complex completely owned by the resort. Available all day. Pretty much as good as it gets for resort training. My only criticism: the water was about 8 thousand degrees, but Jamaica in September, I don't think this can be escaped. I second CSA. Julie and I went there on our honeymoon. It was no coincidence they had a 25m lap pool... ;)
  • Aruba has a 50m pool in Savanta. Was not listed in the guide above. Phelps had once trained there back in his teenaged years, and the great Popov (ret.) visited the center during once of his youth programs in 2006. I took this after attending their 5:00 am masters practice in 201611386
  • https://www.swimmersguide.com/ already does exactly this. If you stay at a place that isn't already in there, you can ask them to add it. Yes. That's an awesome aid. The only problem with it is that it doesn't really give all the info. What I mean is...I looked up the pool I swim in...and oddly it's listed. I say "oddly" because it's on a Navy base. And of course you can't swim in the pool unless you are active military, retired military, a military family member, or DoD civilian employee. It also lists the YMCA in town. It's been my experience, when travelling, that YMCAs don't always allow non-members to purchase a daily membership...and least not for a sensible fee. Dan
  • Yes. That's an awesome aid. The only problem with it is that it doesn't really give all the info. What I mean is...I looked up the pool I swim in...and oddly it's listed. I say "oddly" because it's on a Navy base. And of course you can't swim in the pool unless you are active military, retired military, a military family member, or DoD civilian employee. It also lists the YMCA in town. It's been my experience, when travelling, that YMCAs don't always allow non-members to purchase a daily membership...and least not for a sensible fee. Dan I suggest emailing them to add these niceties that you know. I recently did just this, to update details on a couple of pools listed for my own area. I would agree with you that some of the listings reflect pools that I wouldn't consider to be options -- several health clubs here do indeed have pools, but, like the Ys you describe, I don't think there is short-term pool use access to them. The Swimmersguide people were very welcoming of my input. I think they have posted that they don't have the capacity to physically check out all pools, so they rely on us to keep listings accurate.