Resorts with training pools

I am sure that I am not the first person to spend time looking for resorts or vacation spots with pools to train in. I thought it would be useful to have a thread to serve as a resource, listing hotels/ resorts that have either a lap pool or access to one nearby (example: a public pool with training hours nearby). If you are aware of such a resort, please contribute. A bit about the pool would be great as well: Length? Lane lines? Pace Clock? Training accessories (kkckboards, etc...)? Hopefully we can get some worldwide info. I am currently exploring options in Mexico and Latin America
Parents
  • Yes. That's an awesome aid. The only problem with it is that it doesn't really give all the info. What I mean is...I looked up the pool I swim in...and oddly it's listed. I say "oddly" because it's on a Navy base. And of course you can't swim in the pool unless you are active military, retired military, a military family member, or DoD civilian employee. It also lists the YMCA in town. It's been my experience, when travelling, that YMCAs don't always allow non-members to purchase a daily membership...and least not for a sensible fee. Dan I suggest emailing them to add these niceties that you know. I recently did just this, to update details on a couple of pools listed for my own area. I would agree with you that some of the listings reflect pools that I wouldn't consider to be options -- several health clubs here do indeed have pools, but, like the Ys you describe, I don't think there is short-term pool use access to them. The Swimmersguide people were very welcoming of my input. I think they have posted that they don't have the capacity to physically check out all pools, so they rely on us to keep listings accurate.
  • Yes. That's an awesome aid. The only problem with it is that it doesn't really give all the info. What I mean is...I looked up the pool I swim in...and oddly it's listed. I say "oddly" because it's on a Navy base. And of course you can't swim in the pool unless you are active military, retired military, a military family member, or DoD civilian employee. It also lists the YMCA in town. It's been my experience, when travelling, that YMCAs don't always allow non-members to purchase a daily membership...and least not for a sensible fee. Dan I suggest emailing them to add these niceties that you know. I recently did just this, to update details on a couple of pools listed for my own area. I would agree with you that some of the listings reflect pools that I wouldn't consider to be options -- several health clubs here do indeed have pools, but, like the Ys you describe, I don't think there is short-term pool use access to them. The Swimmersguide people were very welcoming of my input. I think they have posted that they don't have the capacity to physically check out all pools, so they rely on us to keep listings accurate.
Children
No Data