Speedo Vanquisher Goggles

The Women's Vanquisher is the only goggle I can wear without leaking. I tend to purchase about 4 pair at a time when they are on sale, so I may have had them for awhile before I wear them. Here's the problem: For the third time in the last year or so, the coating has bubbled up on the first wearing, making them unusable. The first time it happened, I was at Nationals where a Speedo rep switched them out as flawed. It's not so convenient when you don't have a Speedo rep nearby. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you handled it? Love the goggles, but hate throwing them away after one wearing!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Since 3 years I use "Speedo Fastskin^3 Elite Mirror Goggle", and since then I don't have any fogging problems anymore (without doing anything). I swim around 9 hours per week, and after 5-6 months I replace them: visibility becomes then too restricted (though could still be considered okay). These are the first goggles I am rather happy with.
  • I will try them . Thanx for the tip.
  • They're unusable as-is, because the anti-fog coating is so bubbled and cracked, so I figured it was worth a shot (especially since Elaine has had success using it on TYR goggles). Yes, Jayhawk, that is my particular problem, not fogging. The thing we have in common is that we tend to stash our goggles. I wonder it the coating "bubbles" over time.
  • I might be considered old school, but I just use swedes with no anti-fog and just dunk 'em between sets on the wall to rinse some of the fog out. :D I wear one pair of goggles all year until spring nationals, then get a new pair for nationals (other pair gets pretty scratched up by that point). That new pair becomes my in-season goggles until the next nationals, then I repeat the cycle.
  • With contacts , I can't use Swedes cuz they pop my eyes to the point the contacts become dislodged.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I'm still waiting for no fog goggles
  • I'm still waiting for no fog gogglesBaby shampoo bathe your goggles once a month and there'll be no more fog. There's no excuse for fog in goggles in this day and age, and with the expert advice available on the forums. I have Vanquishers that are 5+ years old and no fog ever.
  • Baby shampoo bathe your goggles once a month and there'll be no more fog. There's no excuse for fog in goggles in this day and age, and with the expert advice available on the forums. I have Vanquishers that are 5+ years old and no fog ever. Wishful thinking for those of us who swim at indoor pools that can have quite a high level of humidity in the air-- especially during the summertime. Even using every tip I have learned on the forums for keeping fog at bay, my goggles will fog up when the humidity level is high during the hottest months when the air conditioning can't keep up with the heat and humidity. As the cooler weather arrives and the humidity level drops in the air, my goggles stay fog-free. PWB, since you swim outdoors in the dry Arizona air, you wouldn't have these goggle fog problems. ;)
  • PWB, since you swim outdoors in the dry Arizona air, you wouldn't have these goggle fog problems. ;)There's probably some truth to that, but I never have ad goggle fogging in any pool around the country, provided I was good with my baby-poo-baths.
  • There's probably some truth to that, but I never have ad goggle fogging in any pool around the country, provided I was good with my baby-poo-baths. Hold on just a second. I'd say he's swum in just about every condition. Check out his pools list in his blog posts! Well, you do have a point there! :D In my own experience, though, I have noticed I have more of a fogging problem at indoor pools that are hot and humid.