Speedo Vanquisher Goggles

The Women's Vanquisher is the only goggle I can wear without leaking. I tend to purchase about 4 pair at a time when they are on sale, so I may have had them for awhile before I wear them. Here's the problem: For the third time in the last year or so, the coating has bubbled up on the first wearing, making them unusable. The first time it happened, I was at Nationals where a Speedo rep switched them out as flawed. It's not so convenient when you don't have a Speedo rep nearby. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how have you handled it? Love the goggles, but hate throwing them away after one wearing!
  • PWB, since you swim outdoors in the dry Arizona air, you wouldn't have these goggle fog problems. Hold on just a second. I'd say he's swum in just about every condition. Check out his pools list in his blog posts!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    TRY goggles are terrible. They tend to fall apart.
  • TRY goggles are terrible. They tend to fall apart. I don't know about "TRY" goggles, but I do know that my TYR T-72 goggles are tough! I take good care of them, keep them in a case, and they last a very long time. ;)
  • It seems I can't find meet goggles that don't leak and don't fog between the time I put them on before an event and the time I finish my race. Any suggestions? TYR Racetechs were fine, but they were replaced with newer sleeker, leakier foggier products.
  • In my last post I lamented the lack of good meet goggles. I had been using TYR Stealth, which were comfortable, but for the second time at a meet the gasket came loose causing severe leakage. I had a Sporti S2 (www.swimoutlet.com/.../ )that I got for free and tried it. It fit great,didn't fog, and didn't leak.
  • In my last post I lamented the lack of good meet goggles. I had been using TYR Stealth, which were comfortable, but for the second time at a meet the gasket came loose causing severe leakage. I had a Sporti S2 (www.swimoutlet.com/.../ )that I got for free and tried it. It fit great,didn't fog, and didn't leak.Allen, I don't mean to be snarky, but read the title of this thread - Speedo Vanquishers are the best ever made and, when treated periodically to a nice baby shampoo bath, you will never need to buy another pair of goggles. I'll be racing in either some clear or smoked/mirrored Vanquishers (depending upon how bada$$ I feel like) in Greensboro that are each well over 5 years old.
  • Allen, I don't mean to be snarky, but read the title of this thread - Speedo Vanquishers are the best ever made and, when treated periodically to a nice baby shampoo bath, you will never need to buy another pair of goggles. I'll be racing in either some clear or smoked/mirrored Vanquishers (depending upon how bada$$ I feel like) in Greensboro that are each well over 5 years old. I know,but I didn't want to start a new thread,I was the last poster on the thread,and others mentioned other goggles. I have tried vanquishers and they just don't give me a good fit.
  • I know,but I didn't want to start a new thread,I was the last poster on the thread,and others mentioned other goggles. I have tried vanquishers and they just don't give me a good fit. Isn't that frustrating? It doesn't matter how good a particular model is, because if it doesn't fit your face, it's useless! :badday: I, too, wanted to try Speedo Vanquishers; however, they won't fit on my narrow face. Once I (finally!) found the right model for my face, I bought them in multiples.
  • Speedo Vanquishers are the best ever made . I agree - my wife uses my old pair to cut onions. But even the best goggles are useless if it doesn't fit. I have a scar on my nose bridge where the lens connector dug in after a block start. The best goggles for me are the TYR Stealths, they're the best fit. I have experienced the gasket slipping off during training on old pairs as Allen mentioned, but so far I've prevented this from happening at races, by a quick inspection and socket seal prior to my heat. Been using these about 3 years now without a single malfunction on race day. Sometimes I remove the seal to clean whatever crud can find its way in and make it leak. Last Feb I thought I could use the TYR Tracers in a 50, but they came off on the start. Was so disappointing, that was supposed to be my PB swim because I still did a decent swim without goggles
  • I just got a couple pairs of the new TYR Blackhawk Racers and tried them this morning in practice. They have a similar fit to the women's vanquisher but softer and more forgiving silicone rims. I didn't get any fog, but it was my first use. On an insignificant side not they are very pretty and have some cool color combos. My moto in swimming is Look Good / Feel Good!!