2015 Worlds / Who's doping & who's clean

2015 Worlds / Who's doping & who's clean 2015 Worlds Results Day 1 Sun, Aug 2, 2015 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8
  • When did Dale Neuburger move from Indianapolis to Mexico? To the best of my knowledge there is (and can be) only 1 VP from the America’s and that is Dale. I'm not aware of any. It looks like elite swimming is a lot like Masters Swimming. All I know is that one of the articles said "The president of the Mexican Swimming Federation Kiril Todorov is the vice-chairman of the FINA Technical Swimming Committee", and I misread vice-chairman as vice-president. Sorry for my confusion,but it is still cronyism.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I do seriously believe that Hosszu is clean (you asked a question and there's an answer). And I do believe that I'm not the only one who believes in that. Based on what I have looked at in terms of the data (height, weight) and casual stroke "analysis" my opinion is that all the swimmers that set WR's, or stretched it out, are clean! They are lighter, taller and executing great timing and technique. Anyone at the worlds is a great swimmer, but the marginal difference is physical properties of the swimmer, and optimal technique. Difficult to see that so it's easier to believe a doping argument unfortunately.
  • I thought the rules on medley swims was that the 'freestyle' leg had to be a stroke other than the first three. Basically if you're on your back when you leave the wall you are doing legal backstroke, so I think there's a strong case for a DQ. Backstroke rules (aside from turns) are really amazing simplistic: if you are swimming on your back, it's backstroke. Lochte's swim may actually force a clarification on this rule. Yep, FINA clarified. For once, I agree with Rowdy that it is "ridiculous." www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../
  • I don't know what Rowdy said, but I read the SW article Fort alluded to and read the comments afterward. The first comment was interesting in that it said by that logic i.e., he was doing backstroke, that dolphin kicks in freestyle could be considered butterfly and therefore illegal too.
  • So, at what point do you need to be on your front on the turn? Five meters, three meters, before your feet leave the wall?
  • Swimming World says it is a German Web site ("according to an article by the German website swimsportnews"). I certainly hope I am premature in my reaction. It's just that FINA doesn't have the best record in decision making.
  • It's just that FINA doesn't have the best record in decision making. FINA appears to have invented a 5th stroke -- "freestyle not on your back" Or maybe now dolphin kick is a defined sub stroke? If dolphin kicking on your back makes a stroke backstroke then does dolphin kicking on your belly automatically make a stroke butterfly? That's it, new rule: no dolphin kicking on a *** to free turn!
  • If dolphin kicking on your back makes a stroke backstroke then does dolphin kicking on your belly automatically make a stroke butterfly? If the logic is that the only stroke where it's legal to dolphin kick on your back is backstroke, then it certainly would follow that doing dolphin kick on your belly is butterfly. So turns out people should have been getting disqualified in the IM for years. They've been doing butterfly on the fourth leg!
  • Months and months and months of secrecy for Sun Yang the doper. But, they'll get right on it if an American causes some issue.
  • Then they should redefine the fourth stroke as "forward crawl" in the IM. Freestyle means anything goes, but what everyone interprets it to mean is the crawl. Then define rules accordingly.