2015 One Hour (e)Postal Swim

It's that time again. Who's planning to do it? Who's done it? If you did, how far did you swim? www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm
  • Took a second shot this weekend. Still came up 85 yards short of what I did last year, but got 5000 on the nose, coming to the wall with 1 second to spare! Had to drop a 1:06 on the last 100 yards to make it happen, but I'm just happy to get that 5000, which was my goal. Considering the major setback I had in late July last year (bad bike wreck that resulted in broken ribs, broken collar bone and a broken scapula), I'm very happy with the swim. Really, I'm thrilled to just be swimming again, much less at nearly the same level I was just before the injury. Hopefully I'll get back there someday.
  • Took a second shot this weekend. Still came up 85 yards short of what I did last year, but got 5000 on the nose, coming to the wall with 1 second to spare! Had to drop a 1:06 on the last 100 yards to make it happen, but I'm just happy to get that 5000, which was my goal. Considering the major setback I had in late July last year (bad bike wreck that resulted in broken ribs, broken collar bone and a broken scapula), I'm very happy with the swim. Really, I'm thrilled to just be swimming again, much less at nearly the same level I was just before the injury. Hopefully I'll get back there someday. :bow: That's an awesome hour of fast swimming, Fly Trap! Congratulations! :applaud:
  • Took a second shot this weekend. Still came up 85 yards short of what I did last year, but got 5000 on the nose, coming to the wall with 1 second to spare! Had to drop a 1:06 on the last 100 yards to make it happen, but I'm just happy to get that 5000, which was my goal. Considering the major setback I had in late July last year (bad bike wreck that resulted in broken ribs, broken collar bone and a broken scapula), I'm very happy with the swim. Really, I'm thrilled to just be swimming again, much less at nearly the same level I was just before the injury. Hopefully I'll get back there someday. Very nice job! Looks like you're recovering from your injury quite well.
  • So far we have had 5 swimmers and me with no time to tally it yet!:bump:
  • Yup, I'm doing it down at the Natatorium towards the end of the month with IAC. I love doing Hour Swims at the Nat; perfect pool, wide lanes, and cold water! Good luck and have fun everyone!!
  • :bow: That's an awesome hour of fast swimming, Fly Trap! Congratulations! :applaud: Very nice job! Looks like you're recovering from your injury quite well. Thanks Elaine and Jonathan! Yup, I'm doing it down at the Natatorium towards the end of the month with IAC. I love doing Hour Swims at the Nat; perfect pool, wide lanes, and cold water! Good luck and have fun everyone!! Good luck! Sounds like you have a great place to do it! Enjoy :)
  • My wife is the distance swimmer in the family and loves the postal swims. I was going to be her timer this morning. Unfortunately she started having abdomiinal pain yesterday. She thought it was a virus, but instead it was her appendix. Instead of doing the 1 hr swim this morning, she had surgery. Surgent went well, but but it looks like this will be the second year in a row where fate has conspired to prevent her from doing all 5 postal swims.
  • My wife is the distance swimmer in the family and loves the postal swims. I was going to be her timer this morning. Unfortunately she started having abdomiinal pain yesterday. She thought it was a virus, but instead it was her appendix. Instead of doing the 1 hr swim this morning, she had surgery. Surgent went well, but but it looks like this will be the second year in a row where fate has conspired to prevent her from doing all 5 postal swims. :badday: :bighug: Please wish Seal Girl my best! I hope her recovery is a speedy one.
  • Correct! You can stop whenever you want, but the clock keeps ticking.
  • I'm coordinating a swim of this event for my masters group next week! I feel a little dumb asking this, but I didn't see anything in the material about rest/water breaks. I assume it's ok for people to take a water break or two during the swim, as long as we don't "stop the clock," correct?