2015 One Hour (e)Postal Swim

It's that time again. Who's planning to do it? Who's done it? If you did, how far did you swim? www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm
  • Our relatively new Masters program, Michigan Lakeshore Aquatics Masters, in Holland, hopes to get many of our new Masters members to try it, probably later this month. Haven't done it for a few years (a few surgeries), so looking forward to trying it! p.s.Go Green, Kirk ;-) JP
  • I'll present this to the team and see if we have any takers.
  • Good luck, JP! Hope you and some teammates are able to do it. Personally I have not scheduled a time yet, but I plan to do it. Probably toward the end of the month.
  • My Masters team (Sawtooth Masters, Boise ID) has scheduled a group swim for the 1 Hour this Saturday, Jan 10. I am planning to go do it and depending on how it goes (I've been out of the water for 3 weeks due to pool being closed) I may do it again on my own at the end of the month.
  • We just put it right on the calendar for a practice during the month. They know it's coming and can show up or not, but we always have our largest group on that day. Only a few actually register and turn in results, but they all seem to like the challenge. As a coach I get to help count now, which becomes a challenge all its own!
  • Did it on Sunday. Wasn't happy with my swim, so I plan to do it again!
  • If you did, how far did you swim? to the end and then back. but since i'm semi fast it only took me 58mins to do 1hr. :D actually since i am a sprinter i am done at the 22sec mark and the rest is warmdown.
  • but since i'm semi fast it only took me 58mins to do 1hr. :D I like your strategy. If you can't go the farthest, how about try to do it in the shortest time? :)
  • It is a fun challenge! Fun? I think not. Postals in az suck as all the pools are always too hot. Today's miserable attempt was done in 84 degree water. I think I about got heatstroke (yes, in January). Good luck all. Brundage...can I sneak in the back gate and use your icebox next year?:)
  • Brundage...can I sneak in the back gate and use your icebox next year?:)The water temp in my pool was 47 a couple of days ago. Maybe I need to create an 'ice breaker' meet and invite tough guys like you, Barra, Kent Nicholas, etc. for a cold water event.