Will you reach your FLOG goal this year?

I am getting close to my goal of 500 miles for this year at 68 1/2 years old. Are you going to get to the goal you set last Jan. ? I have lost 13 pounds along the way.I'm still too fat, but working on it!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Trondi - will you make it ?????? Yes just got back from the pool. 600050m :banana: T :bed:
  • Made it to 500 miles just today! :) Great job, Fly Trap, especially since your accident injuries kept you out of the water for awhile. Congratulations! :applaud:
  • Welcome 2015 !!! Now what do we do with this year's goal setting? Up ---- down --- same--- none ---forget about the daily log ins ???? Thanks to my hip surgery, I ended up just short of 400 miles at 397.62. Not knowing how my hip will recover, it's difficult to set a distance goal. I just don't know how much my hip will tolerate over these next few months. I know I have to dial it down, so I think I'll go with 250 miles and make a mid-year adjustment if needed. How about you? What's your goal?
  • I don't know what to set it at this year. With the past two years having something pull me out of the water for the summer months. I'm going to set it at 600 miles since I made 500 this year and I did 600 the last time I did a full year.
  • Year 2014 was the first year I did the FLOG goal setting and log-ins, I reached the 250 mile goal I set. I had a few extra swims to squeeze in during the end of December, to make up for sick days when I couldn't swim. That said, for 2015 I am upping goal and aiming for 365 miles, to average 1 mile a day. Started out Jan 1 with a polar dip and 2 mile pool swim to get on track. I will need to get in 4-5 times a week to reach goal or do an extra long weekend swim on top of regular 3x weekly swim workouts. I wish the free cap was still available for at least one of the lower mileage points, such as 100 miles goal.
  • Welcome 2015 !!! Now what do we do with this year's goal setting? Up ---- down --- same--- none ---forget about the daily log ins ????
  • 365 is a good idea - easy to keep track of the miles. Elaine - your hip will let you pull all you want till you start slow easy kicking into the distance. You will be surprised how much better you feel when it does not hurt to swim!!!
  • Happy New Year Everyone!!!! I missed my 500 by 6 miles or so. That's okay, I have a crazy busy life and I'm grateful for every single minute I'm able to steal away in the pool. I hope everyone has signed up for 2015 Flog and GTD! Also, check out the Check-Off Challenge!!! They have some great tee shirts and caps you can purchase and keep track of your meet stroke/distance swims. Remember, you can complete these swims in a meet, practice, or totally on your own. This is a challenge where you can make your own rules and standards!! Have fun with your swimming!
  • Looks like all of the achievements are swim caps with the appropriate mileage.
  • No free awards at all this year: "There will be no free awards automatically sent to you for the 2015 GTD program. You will be able to purchase a milestone award once you hit any of the milestone award numbers on the chart above."