Will you reach your FLOG goal this year?

I am getting close to my goal of 500 miles for this year at 68 1/2 years old. Are you going to get to the goal you set last Jan. ? I have lost 13 pounds along the way.I'm still too fat, but working on it!
  • Hey now !!! Try to have a better year next year. Stay healthy my friend!
  • We've switched to more of a quasi-Rushall training approach, and our total yards per week are down from maybe 10,000 a week to maybe closer to 8,000 (divided into three practices). I still try to go for a 4th on-my-own practice on one of the weekend days, but my GTD has definitely taken a significant hit. Quality vs. quantity doesn't register here. I wouldn't mind if my times were decent--but they are slow enough to make me wonder if some major clot has lodged itself either in a heart artery or the will-to-win lobe of my brain.
  • In past years, I succeeded at making my mileage goals; but, this year I am struggling. I was 12 miles ahead; however, I am 7 miles behind at the moment due to hip problems forcing me to scale back. :bitching: Whether I achieve my goal of 425 miles for the year remains to be seen. On Wednesday, I'm scheduled for an arthrogram MRI, and I may need surgery depending on the results. :censor:
  • So far, so good. Am 5 miles ahead of track for the million meter goal.
  • At 174.47 miles I am falling short of my modest goal of 250 miles.
  • I was well ahead of pace while training for Key West and sadly, the wheels came off in August when some issues came up. Now I'm coaching and have very little time to get in the pool anymore. I was aiming for 500 and will probably only get to about 400 if I'm lucky. That's okay though. IT's been a great year.
  • Not me. I set a 300 mile goal, and missed 3 weeks in May with bronchitis, 3 weeks in July/August with an injured back which tied into taper for Naionals, and 2 week break after that. I will hit 250 miles this week, and I will call that a win.
  • i didnt know what to put as this was my first time doing FLOG and im almost double
  • i didnt know what to put as this was my first time doing FLOG and im almost double I'll take some of your yards. I've been out of the pool since about March... :(
  • Nope. I usually make it to 500 miles, but barely, so this year I upped it to 550. As of today I'm at 398 miles so I'm not going to make 500 let alone 550!