One hour postal swim

Ok, who is doing the one hour postal swim this year? Goals, strategies? www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm
  • I signed up to do it on Sunday the 20th. My goal is three miles (5280 yards = 4828 meters). I'll be doing it in a 25 meter pool. 5:00 400s gives 4,800 meters in an hour so I need to be just a little faster than that.
  • I signed up to do it on Sunday the 20th. My goal is three miles (5280 yards = 4828 meters). I'll be doing it in a 25 meter pool. 5:00 400s gives 4,800 meters in an hour so I need to be just a little faster than that. That's a good day; it's my birthday! :cake::party2: Good luck, Kirk! And, good luck to the rest of you going postal. I'm passing on this one with two meets coming up in the first half of February. I want to make sure I keep from :toohurt::cane:.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    Apparently my (fledgling and rather disorganized) club is doing it this Saturday! :) Does anyone know where there's a picture of the t-shirt that's big enough to actually see?
  • I'm trying to organize a time for our local group, mostly so I don't get deeked again this year. :blush: Looking to get around 4400 yds, and helping team New England Masters repeat as national champs :cheerleader:
  • I'm planning on a one hour IM. 15 minutes per stroke. 4000 seems like a reasonable goal to shoot for.
  • It'll have to be later in the month for me, but I definitely want to squeeze it in on the off chance that I can work in all five postals this year (still a goal). I really have no idea what my times will look like, but I hope better than last year; I'm always around two miles an hour in the continuous swims, but I'm creeping toward that 4K mark. Last year's pace was 1:40-1:43; I think I can hold closer to 1:35-1:37 this year, putting me in the 3700-3800 range.
  • Former Member
    Does anyone know where there's a picture of the t-shirt that's big enough to actually see? I contacted the event organizer and got a file that shows the images on the t-shirt (front and back). It is posted as a link on the 2013 Postal Events page. Scroll down to the One Hour Swim info and click the link that says T-shirt design (front and back).
  • Former Member
    I contacted the event organizer and got a file that shows the images on the t-shirt (front and back). It is posted as a link on the 2013 Postal Events page. Scroll down to the One Hour Swim info and click the link that says T-shirt design (front and back). :applaud: Thank you!
  • Going to do my OHP in one hour from now. It chilly outside. OMG. not worried about the water temp. Its the air temp. Brrrrr! 41F. I swam outside on Thursday, poor Lifeguards could not keep warm, there was a killer breeze. Regarding Davis Aquatic Masters. I did their Brute Challenge last year. Waiting for my T-shirt, they had a pretty killer design.
  • Never, ever again. 12,24,36,48,00 over and over for an hour crippled my feeble brain for life. The 3K SCY is fantastic, the 5K LCM is awesome but that hour of power hurts, bad.