Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    and here I thought fort was only in her mid to late 20's :doh:
  • Hubby tells me that at his gym, the guys talk a lot about politics (Who you gonna vote for in the upcoming election) and cheating on their wives or girlfriends. Important political stuff like how bad of a bowler Obama is? :) Guys discussing cheating on their wives or girlfriends is exceptionally rare, IMO.
  • "Anything else, ladies?" Well, yes. Investing. Caring for elderly parents. Pierre Boulez. Lyric Opera. How's work? A book I read. What are you doing this weekend? New clients. In 21 years of almost daily locker room exposure, I've never heard anyone talk about jeans or fat thighs.:yawn: Regards, VB Oh, we talk about work, kids, parents, vacations, etc. too. But definitely also about fat thighs or other jiggly parts. I'm reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins now. You? I'm going to ask Mr. Fort what he talks about. I expect it to be work, politics, taxes and kids though.
  • Oh, we talk about work, kids, parents, vacations, etc. too. But definitely also about fat thighs or other jiggly parts. I'm reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins now. You? Bioinformatics (it's a work assignment, and why I'm up on cancer and genomics and proteomics, too). For train reading, Mieke Bal's Looking In: The Art of Viewing (Caravaggio, Proust, museum going) and Blythe Lucero's 100 Best Swimming Drills. I like the swimming drills book (which requires overlooking consistent misuse of "lay" instead of "lie"). Took it into the pool last night for my fledgling, or perhaps molting - um, emerging - butterfly. Which took off for a length! Amazing. Richard Dawkins the biologist? And how our brains get squishy and feel "universal"? VB
  • Richard Dawkins the biologist? And how our brains get squishy and feel "universal"? Richard Dawkins, Professor at Oxford who has written books on science and philosophy. Most famous is The Selfish Gene. His newest book focuses on the irrationality of the belief in God and how it fuels wars and such. Last night, it was quite refreshing to hear one guy on the team talking about being too fat.
  • "Anything else, ladies?" Well, yes. Investing. Caring for elderly parents. Pierre Boulez. Lyric Opera. How's work? A book I read. What are you doing this weekend? New clients. In 21 years of almost daily locker room exposure, I've never heard anyone talk about jeans or fat thighs.:yawn: Regards, VB
  • Former Member
    Today was a first for me. I got to the pool early AM and went to the locker room. About 5 minutes later, a man appeared and he was cleaning up the women's locker room, taking out trash, etc. He told me he would be out of my way in a minute. Glad I wasn't in my birthday suit! Wasn't fazed at all only b/c when I went on a college recruiting trip to Stanford some 17 years ago, their restrooms/ bathrooms were co-ed. Hubby tells me that at his gym, the guys talk a lot about politics (Who you gonna vote for in the upcoming election) and cheating on their wives or girlfriends.
  • Former Member
    Hubby tells me that at his gym, the guys talk a lot about politics (Who you gonna vote for in the upcoming election) and cheating on their wives or girlfriends. Never heard about the latter being a topic of discussion. Maybe because we live in a Mayberry like community. Perhaps in Nevada that's more common. Is there a masters team in sin city?
  • Former Member
    Important political stuff like how bad of a bowler Obama is? :) Guys discussing cheating on their wives or girlfriends is exceptionally rare, IMO. Evidently, at our gym, there is a big McCain following. We have quite a few ex-military type that frequent our gym and many worship McCain as he was a POW for months or years. We were both sort of surprised at the whole cheating/ picking up additional women topics. Basically, my husband started out with, "You won't believe what these guys are talking about in the locker room!" Oh well. Makes for some funny stories!
  • Former Member
    Never heard about the latter being a topic of discussion. Maybe because we live in a Mayberry like community. Perhaps in Nevada that's more common. Is there a masters team in sin city? Not sure about Nevada but I'm here in Atlanta, more of a hip-hop mecca as opposed to Mayberry.