Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Oh, we talk about work, kids, parents, vacations, etc. too. But definitely also about fat thighs or other jiggly parts. I'm reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins now. You? Bioinformatics (it's a work assignment, and why I'm up on cancer and genomics and proteomics, too). For train reading, Mieke Bal's Looking In: The Art of Viewing (Caravaggio, Proust, museum going) and Blythe Lucero's 100 Best Swimming Drills. I like the swimming drills book (which requires overlooking consistent misuse of "lay" instead of "lie"). Took it into the pool last night for my fledgling, or perhaps molting - um, emerging - butterfly. Which took off for a length! Amazing. Richard Dawkins the biologist? And how our brains get squishy and feel "universal"? VB
  • Oh, we talk about work, kids, parents, vacations, etc. too. But definitely also about fat thighs or other jiggly parts. I'm reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins now. You? Bioinformatics (it's a work assignment, and why I'm up on cancer and genomics and proteomics, too). For train reading, Mieke Bal's Looking In: The Art of Viewing (Caravaggio, Proust, museum going) and Blythe Lucero's 100 Best Swimming Drills. I like the swimming drills book (which requires overlooking consistent misuse of "lay" instead of "lie"). Took it into the pool last night for my fledgling, or perhaps molting - um, emerging - butterfly. Which took off for a length! Amazing. Richard Dawkins the biologist? And how our brains get squishy and feel "universal"? VB
Children
No Data